Snots and sniffles in the morning

Coopersmom

Reaction score
My 12 week old pup who i have now had for a week is a little snotty and sniffly for the first 10 minutes when he gets up in the morning. He sleeps really well so no problems there but just wondered if the snotty sounds are normal, he sort of does little sneezes. I live in Spain and it's the time of year where the temperature is dropping slightly in the night.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
[MENTION=203]Coopersmom[/MENTION] Well as long as it is just clear liquid, that is normal, if it is thick and yellow or green then he has an infection, and needs to see a vet. Our Hazel and some of our bullies will do the little sneezes in the morning too.

Coopersmom

Reaction score
Thanks for that, he hasn't really got any snot he just sounds snotty. I can see why they say Frenchies are more delicate than most breeds.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Hey, I'm that way too in the morning and for me it is environmental allergies. When he sees his vet next you might have him check his nostrils.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Both my babies are the same way.... as David stated, as long as it is clear, it is all good. A Benedyl at night will help a little, but it does seem to be very normal

Coopersmom

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Well a few days on and it's the same but it literally lasts 5 minutes then he is fine. I think maybe a drop in temperature at night maybe is causing it.

CUBuffs

Reaction score
Bleu is the same way - we just learned to live with getting snot blown in our faces!