Nose pigment

cford

Reaction score
Will nose pigment darken in a cream colored puppy? Currently, I am considering purchasing a puppy (the puppy is 2 weeks old) that has pink splotches on the nose and skin around the mouth. I have a choice between this dog and one that already has a dark nose. The confirmation on the initial dog is better but I am not sure I should take the risk if the other dog already has a darkened nose. Please help! Do you know if the skin pigment usually darkens in this breed? Thank you for your help.

blushy

Reaction score
From my own personal experience both of my dogs noses darkened up. My deaf dog has no skin pigment so he still has more pink, but my girls nose turned completely black from mostly pink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
tagging Davidh ... he may know.

My Bulldog, red/white, his nose did not totally darken till almost 2 yrs old

cford

Reaction score
Thank you to both of you for answering my question. Have a great day.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
At two weeks old it is normal for some to still have some pink on their noses. It should darken in a week or two.

Nelya

Reaction score
Hello. I'm going to buy a puppy. Please help me to focus on his coat color. I attached a photo (1 month), we will take him to us within a month. I'm confused by a white stain on the nose. Is this a color defect? And will the coat color of dogs change during a time? The breeder says the puppy will become brighter.IMG_0719.jpgIMG_0727.jpg