My tooting queen

kim

Reaction score
What happened to my sweet smelling puppy???? She almost asphyxiated all of us on our way home from my parents house!!!!! I've heard stories but never did I think it would be this bad and I only can assume its going to get worse as she get older. God help us all!!!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Having had English Bulldogs for over 30 years, I discovered foul smelling gas pretty much comes from what they are eating. Like if you give your precious hard cooked egg, get out the nose plugs. We pretty much stick to feeding good quality kibble and the only people food is banana, apple, strawberry, green bean, broccoli, etc in very small amounts. On special occasions Buster and Ruggles get a spoon full of yogurt.

kim

Reaction score
Someone must have been sneaking her food when I wasn't looking!

Sheri Keeney

Reaction score
Gone are the days of your sweet smelling puppy...life will never be the same again : )

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Yep baby is growing up, plus their food has a lot to do with it too.

kim

Reaction score
I picked up a bag of Fromm puppy so next week I'll start adding it to her food slowly to make the switch.

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
I picked up a bag of Fromm puppy so next week I'll start adding it to her food slowly to make the switch.

Good luck, if she continues to have gas (she will probably have it bad during the switch) you may want to try one if the grain free four star foods like pork & peas or beef frittata.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

kim

Reaction score
She was born June 10th does she not have to stay on puppy food until she's 9 months old?

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
She was born June 10th does she not have to stay on puppy food until she's 9 months old?

I prefer to keep them in Fromm puppy for as long as possible, but if she has too much gas it could be the grains. The less gas the better the digestion and overall health. The four star are all life stages but are more lean. Hopefully the Fromm puppy will do well with her. Keep us updated after she has fully switched and been eating it for a couple of weeks and let us know how her toots are :). Warning her gas may become really bad during the switch so expect that :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

kim

Reaction score
Thanks Bullmama! I'll keep you posted but for now I'm going to invest in some gas masks to make it through the food switch. Lol

Babette

Reaction score
Sometimes Babette has gas and turns around to look at us like "DID THAT COME OUT OF ME?" The bewildered expression is priceless!

FindBehr

Reaction score
New food, new gas, sounds like you have a lot to look forward too!! I like to call my dog, little stinker. :tongue: