Fromm Dog Food Different Flavors - Grain Free

mhuinker

Reaction score
Hi Everyone - so I pretty much know that I am going to feed (probably grain free) Fromm to my Frenchie when I get him or her.

My question is, is it advisable to stick to one flavor (i.e. pork and peas), or can it be mixed up a bit? Like feed a different flavor each day?

Thanks!

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone - so I pretty much know that I am going to feed (probably grain free) Fromm to my Frenchie when I get him or her.

My question is, is it advisable to stick to one flavor (i.e. pork and peas), or can it be mixed up a bit? Like feed a different flavor each day?

Thanks!

I would start with one flavor and introduce a new flavor one at a time, just to be sure there is no reactions.

Example, pork and peas first month.

Pork n peas and beef frittatas for two weeks

Ect. Add a new one in every two weeks, give a solid month for the first switch :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Lisa has you covered. I did this the first year with Fromm, but once I found the best for my pups, I stuck with it

kristenhp

Reaction score
HI! We just got a year old Frenchie on Wednesday. She's on Diamond Naturals right now (that's what her previous owner was feeding to her) and I want to get Fromm. I've never owned a Frenchie and I've never really done research on dog food until now. How is the best way to introduce new food?

Spars

Reaction score
HI! We just got a year old Frenchie on Wednesday. She's on Diamond Naturals right now (that's what her previous owner was feeding to her) and I want to get Fromm. I've never owned a Frenchie and I've never really done research on dog food until now. How is the best way to introduce new food?

A Gradual Change is Best

Its recommended when switching to a new food gradually over the course of 7-10 days. For example, make a mixture that contains 25% of the new food and 75% of the old food and feed that for three days. Then make it 50-50 for three more days, then 75% new food and 25% old food for three more days. If your pet seems comfortable with this progression, you can start feeding 100% new food.

I think this is a standard period for switching foods. Remembered my breeder sent me this info in case I wanted to change Cortana from Taste of the Wild to something different.

Spars

Reaction score

Thanks!

Thanks for asking, I wondered if it was recommended and how to implement. (Same as with changing to a different brand? ) Or just changing it up.

- - - Updated - - -

I would start with one flavor and introduce a new flavor one at a time, just to be sure there is no reactions.

Example, pork and peas first month.

Pork n peas and beef frittatas for two weeks

Ect. Add a new one in every two weeks, give a solid month for the first switch :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Thank you! I also wondered about this.

mhuinker

Reaction score
Have started feeding Fromm. I hope I'm not playing with fire, because they were fine on the 4Health they were on..... however, I just wanted to switch to something a little better (in my opinion). They seem to be doing fine on it..... I have Leo on the pork and peas and Molly on the Salmon/Tuna (Tunalini, I think it's called), both grain free of course. I really didn't have anything against 4Health and would recommend it as well. This was just a personal decision on my part to switch them over...

I do have one comment about the Fromm........ those little buggers are small!!!! :) I was surprised how small the nuggets are compared to what I was using and what I am used to seeing in adult dog food. :)

P

pdolphin27

Have started feeding Fromm. I hope I'm not playing with fire, because they were fine on the 4Health they were on..... however, I just wanted to switch to something a little better (in my opinion). They seem to be doing fine on it..... I have Leo on the pork and peas and Molly on the Salmon/Tuna (Tunalini, I think it's called), both grain free of course. I really didn't have anything against 4Health and would recommend it as well. This was just a personal decision on my part to switch them over...

I do have one comment about the Fromm........ those little buggers are small!!!! :) I was surprised how small the nuggets are compared to what I was using and what I am used to seeing in adult dog food. :)

They are so tiny because it's an all stage food. Puppies can eat them too. :yes: