Beds....

mhuinker

Reaction score
Well, since I'm S T I L L waiting to hear about my little Frenchie (and whether I will be a new Frenchie owner just yet)...... I've been doing a "little shopping". I would love to get some opinions on the best types of beds for these little creatures :)

I have thought seriously about this bed.......

lf.jpg

But wanted some different opinions on this bed, and others that might be a better option........

Thank you and I look forward to all replies!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
We have 2 bed chewers so we cut a piece of plywood so it will fit in the crate and cover the plywood completely (ends and sides) with a carpet scrap. I buy ex. large crate liners from K-9 Ballistics and wrap the carpeted plywood with the liner. They are washable (no fabric softener) in cold water, and low temp in dryer. They are "chew proof" but Buster managed to shred his but it was getting worn out, it was 2 years old, 2nd hand to Buster.

One tip with any dog bed cut the label off so it is flush with the bed. Those labels get the dogs chewing!

The bed you've chosen looks like a nice one!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Cheli LOVES to sleep under blankets and sheets
So this may be a good choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mcraven2

Reaction score
Diva likes sleeping behind big pillows on the couch so I know she would love something like that! Hmmmmm maybe I need to order one now!

Debra

Reaction score
I think a queen size would be the way to go :sneaky2: LOL
Personally I don't spend a lot of money on beds b/c they get destroyed in my house. Right now one dog bed is a twin size comforter someone gave me, very cushy in the crate :) and easy to wash. I do have a big fat nice round dog bed that is on our bedroom floor, that I have to take to the laundromat to wash. Its big enough for hefty 1 eb & 1 frenchie. I do like the one you posted !

mhuinker

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. Alice, I'm trying to picture what you're describing, but having a hard time.... Can you post a pic. Debra, a used comforter is a good idea. I thought if they like to sleep under covers or feel like they have 'protection' behind them, they might like this bed. 🐾

In the meantime, I received the first 3 toys. I scattered them on the living room floor and told my hubby to get ready because that is what the living room is going to look like soon (only with a lot more toys) πŸ˜ƒ

Tgirl

Reaction score
I love that bed. I need to look for one of those for my little Pekingese.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

mhuinker

Reaction score
I love that bed. I need to look for one of those for my little Pekingese.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

"In the company of dogs" is where that one is taken from. I've also seen them on the website for Drs. Foster & Smith.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tgirl

Reaction score
Thank you! Although, I tend to be a do it yourselfer and I sew so maybe I cam make one.:)

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
It looks like a nice bed but some will chew it up, so I would wait before buying an expensive bed to see if your new baby will chew them up or not. We put crate pads in each of our crates and we have some that will chew their bedding. and the ones that don't chew their bedding like Hazel, we just put her a fleece bed on top of the crate pad. We get the crate pads from Primo Pads online.