Coat or no coat?

Debra

Reaction score
We can have cold winters here & always have snow. The ebs love the cold & don't wear a coat. Junie goes in & out so fast its not worth putting a coat on her. :D I did go to goodwill & get a 2T long sleeve shirt that fits if she gets chilly in the house. Our house is cool in the winter because of the eb's.

Spars

Reaction score
LOL I had a picture of a "streak of dog going out, a streak of dog coming back in" Think you can get a coat on them :) ?

Alice Kable

Reaction score
It gets cold here in N.E. Oregon and Buster loves his walks so a warm coat is a must. I'm going to check out Martha Stewart's line of coats for Frenchies. Around the house his Petco Pupcrew size large are a good fit!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Never hurts on a Frenchie to put something on them when they are out in the cold, as they will get colder faster than an EB. Not as much body fat or fur.

kim

Reaction score
I just purchased a hoodie for Piper but I didn't know Martha had a line for frenchies!!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
I've been looking on line and found Auggie's Closet with both clothes for Ebs and Frenchies. Has anyone tried them? Buster's measurements are within their range for Frenchies. He is 9 months old now and I'm sure he will fill out some more and his Petco Pupcrew large hoodies fit him perfect now, but not much room to grow in the chest and shoulders. Petco's XL would be way too long.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I've gotten hoodies at Baxterboo.com.

Debra

Reaction score
LOL I had a picture of a "streak of dog going out, a streak of dog coming back in" Think you can get a coat on them :) ?

That is funny! And yes she is lightning fast :)

Debra

Reaction score
It gets cold here in N.E. Oregon and Buster loves his walks so a warm coat is a must. I'm going to check out Martha Stewart's line of coats for Frenchies. Around the house his Petco Pupcrew size large are a good fit!

You know she has some cute ones I bet!!

Debra

Reaction score
At one time a frenchie rescue had some really nice ones. I will see if I can find it

Alice Kable

Reaction score
[MENTION=46]Debra[/MENTION], buying from a rescue would be good!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
udogu also has some nice fleece pullovers in a medium plus that should fit Frenchies. They don't have hoods and I like that because Buster goes nuts if I put a hood or hat on him and when he and Ruggles are wrestling the hood could get hung up on something!

winginit66

Reaction score
I have seen an online place called Foggy Mtn dog coats that has what appear to be very nice quality and cut to fit specialty hard-to-fit dogs like Frenchies and Great Danes. I am waiting until Gidget finishes growing (and when will that be? - she will be 1 yr 10/7/13) before I go this route. But, are you kidding me... she has a whole closet of things (mostly outgrown at this point) that we had fashion shoots with. Seriously. :D

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Cheli loves being outside so we tend to just put a sweater on him when it is REALLY cold

Alice Kable

Reaction score
[MENTION=6]LariP[/MENTION] sews custom pull overs with and without hoods. I have ordered one for both Buster and Ruggles and will post pictures when we get them. The money goes to help with medical bills for their rescue Bulldog.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I just bought a Martha Stewart jacket for Jax, size medium and I have to return it. I couldn't even get it on him!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
I just got Buster a size large fleece from PETCO and it just fits, no growing room. Most mass produced pet clothes are sized for dogs that don't have big chests. The PETCO XL is way too long. I'm going with custom made from LariP. They fit and won't shrink!

trishkidd24

Reaction score
How do we go about putting in an custom made order from [MENTION=6]LariP[/MENTION]
I clicked on the link and it went to a page that had no activity on it? We are looking at either purchasing a custom sweater, or the one on Auggie's Closet. The one on there wasnt a bad price for the quality of coat.
We are in Upper Michigan and the temp has already dropped down to 40 degrees and we are barely in October!! I think its going to be a cold winter... Do your frenchies like the snow?? Have you ever had to purchase booties or anything for them?