5 year old was recently neutered/ now bleeding 😫

ElToro

Reaction score
I took my Frenchie Toro to get neutered on 11/09/17 which was 4 days ago. They were concerned about his bruising and swelling more than normal. Told me to Lee an eye outZ The swelling is still there, but has gone down. The bruising is horrendous. He looks everysade from dark purple to bright red. And now 4 days later he is experiencing some bleeding from the incision. He doesn’t seem to be in any pain that I can tell, though I’m sure he is. He eats, drinks, Lee’s and poops just fine. He wants to play with the other dogs which I have to watch cause he needs to be taking it easy. Do what aim asking is had anyone had this bad of bruising and bleeding like this. I have never had this happen with my other dogs. I can’t get him in till tomorrow at 10am.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you iced the area to help with the swelling? The only time i heard of bruising is when the boys have not dropped --- was that the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElToro

Reaction score
No he was 5 years old. The swelling and bruising have gone down a lot. A but now he is bleeding a bit for the incision. Vet just said to watch it. He most likely over did it.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
No he was 5 years old. The swelling and bruising have gone down a lot. A but now he is bleeding a bit for the incision. Vet just said to watch it. He most likely over did it.

Keep an eye on it and make sure the area stays clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree. Keep it clean and if it starts to look like it is infected, take him to the vet. Also don't let him run around and play until the incision heals. Keep him confined if need be.