My Frenchie not himself after boarding him

Karenz

Reaction score
I have a very high maintenance one eyed 2 yr old frenchie named hudson. He is sweet but is hyperactive and a handful. Other dogs are put off by him because he comes on too strong, hes also big for a frenchie and doesnt know his power. We recently went on a four day trip. I have boarded hudson at a kennel but have not been happy with them. I asked a friend who does animal rescue to recommend someone to board him with while we were away. I contact who she recommended and the woman has three dogs including a frenchie.

Heres my problem. We leave for our trip and when the plane lands I get a message from the woman watching my dog that hes too aggressive and shes having anxiety can we have someone pick him up. I explained that we are out of the country but said I would get in touch with the kennel we have used in the past if she were able to get him there. She responded that she over reacted at first and he is now doing fine and hes a sweet heart.

We picked him up yesterday and he has been lethargic and just not himself. My husband thinks he was drugged. I dont think the woman would do that as she loves animals too much. I know she kept him apart from her dogs as two were older and her frenchie is half the size of hudson so I totally get she was taking special precaution to protect her animals.

I was hoping for some insight from other dog owners. This is my first dog I have always had cats.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Could it be that he is just overly tired and overwhelmed? I know the first few times Jax went to daycare, he would sleep for like 2 days afterwards.

Is he just sleepy or is he vomiting/diarrhea or any other symptoms?

Karenz

Reaction score
No vomiting, he hasn't had a poop yet so maybe a tad constipated. I was hoping it was just that hes tired. We worry about him so much. Hes usually too hyper that we cant wait for him to mellow, now hes mellow and were watching him like a hawk lol

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
No vomiting, he hasn't had a poop yet so maybe a tad constipated. I was hoping it was just that hes tired. We worry about him so much. Hes usually too hyper that we cant wait for him to mellow, now hes mellow and were watching him like a hawk lol

Is he eating and drinking okay? Have you talked to the person who was watching him at all about him being lethargic?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score

How is he today? as Citty asked... eating and drinking, OK?

Karenz

Reaction score
He is doing much better today, eating and all functions working.

- - - Updated - - -

He is much better today, hes eating and drinking.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
He is doing much better today, eating and all functions working.

- - - Updated - - -

He is much better today, hes eating and drinking.

Great news! He was probably just really tired and maybe a little overwhelmed from the whole thing. Glad to hear he is back to normal.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Good yo hear!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karenz

Reaction score
Thank you for your concern and support

Mavis

Reaction score
What a relief. We were all worried for you. It's true, when they are hyper, you wish they would knock it off - until they aren't.

So glad everything is okay.

hannah

Reaction score
he was probably overwhelmed and tired! Aiko is like that sometimes when I get her from daycare. they are sensitive beings

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Our boys always come home from the kennel exhausted--there is so much going on there, they just can't seem to relax. We have someone come to the house to take care of them now because Ruggles is so old all the excitement of the kennel would be too much for him!