Does Anyone Know What This Is?

CarrotTheFrenchie

Reaction score
Carrot always scratches underneath her front armpits. I always check to see if she has a rash or anything, but in the past, I haven't seen anything. In the last two months though the scratching has increased. And yesterday I noticed what looks like a huge bruise in the area she's scratching. Do you think she's scratched so much she's bruised herself? I assume this is allergies, but it seems to be the only spot? And I also thought it might be her harness, but this spot is below where the harness hits. If it is allergies, is there any way she could have developed an allergy to PUMPKIN? It's the only food she gets consistently every day for awhile. I add pumpkin to her food to add fiber since the food she eats (Small Batch Dehydrated Raw) doens't contain a lot of fiber. I rotate flavors every two or so bags.

CarrotBruise1.jpg
CarrotBruise2.jpg

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Carrot always scratches underneath her front armpits. I always check to see if she has a rash or anything, but in the past, I haven't seen anything. In the last two months though the scratching has increased. And yesterday I noticed what looks like a huge bruise in the area she's scratching. Do you think she's scratched so much she's bruised herself? I assume this is allergies, but it seems to be the only spot? And I also thought it might be her harness, but this spot is below where the harness hits. If it is allergies, is there any way she could have developed an allergy to PUMPKIN? It's the only food she gets consistently every day for awhile. I add pumpkin to her food to add fiber since the food she eats (Small Batch Dehydrated Raw) doens't contain a lot of fiber. I rotate flavors every two or so bags.

View attachment 11283
View attachment 11284

How old is she? Looks like it could be really dry skin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I would try rubbing a little coconut oil on it.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... try the coconut oi

dermich

Reaction score
Does you pooch get Coconut Oil, Fish Oil in their diet?
These can really help with skin moisture.

CarrotTheFrenchie

Reaction score
Does you pooch get Coconut Oil, Fish Oil in their diet?
These can really help with skin moisture.

She doesn't get fish out or coconut oil, but I'm thinking of adding some to her diet.

I started using Warren London's Hydrating butter on the spot and it's helped a little. But its still there. Although it's no longer red.

CarrotTheFrenchie

Reaction score
If I also want to start feeding Carrot coconut oil, how much do you give to Jax and how often? I've also started giving her goat's milk as a probiotic. Carrot will be so excited if she also now gets some coconut oil! yum.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
If I also want to start feeding Carrot coconut oil, how much do you give to Jax and how often? I've also started giving her goat's milk as a probiotic. Carrot will be so excited if she also now gets some coconut oil! yum.

It’s 1/2 teaspoon per every 10 pounds but start at just 1/2 teaspoon and Work your way up to full dosage. I give it 3 times a week. Make sure you use raw extra Virgin coconut oil.

I have yet to hear of a dog that doesn’t like it!