How to stop french bulldog from biting when excited?

chino316

Reaction score
Ok so my french bulldog is 8 Months old, we all live together with me and my stay at home all day parents who are retired and Home all day with Lucky my Frenchie. So when I leave for work at 4am and return home around 2:30.. once I click that door open and walk he comes excited running to me standing jumping to see me but everytime I try to pet him hello am here he would lick then start bitting my hand and follows me up to my room jumps in the bed waiting for me to change and continues to try jumping standing in me and trying to bite my hand and arm when Iโ€™m trying to pet him any method to get Home to stop doing that? And itโ€™s not just me Lucky also does it to my mother as well everytime she leaves to the store for like a half hour...
1a3c8169dec04adba00191a43331ea41.jpg
e775f64b56003e89054598362e9a04aa.jpg
2e19dfe1d715fba05b382c00ff14d13b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tgirl

Reaction score
Aww how cute is he?? So adorable. Anyway, Does he know some basic commands? I would ignore that behavior and ask him to do some things like sit, down, etc. When he does that praise him and maybe give him a treat or hand him a toy he loves. Sounds like he is just getting overly excited to see you guys. If he doesn't know commands, work on teaching him some.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, what a cutie pie!

Lucky is still fairly young and easily excitable. My bulldog is almost 11 months old and does the same thing. Jax is 4 and while he still gets excited when someone comes home, it is a "calmer" excited. Bulldogs are "people" dogs so when you leave them, even if for 5 minutes, they act like you've been gone for years. Look up the Nothing in Life is Free technique. As Tgirl mentions, ignore him until he calms down.

chino316

Reaction score
Aww how cute is he?? So adorable. Anyway, Does he know some basic commands? I would ignore that behavior and ask him to do some things like sit, down, etc. When he does that praise him and maybe give him a treat or hand him a toy he loves. Sounds like he is just getting overly excited to see you guys. If he doesn't know commands, work on teaching him some.

Hi Thanks, yes he knows some basic commands I just never tried doing so to him when once I walk into the I just let him get excited jump on me and start bitting me, but Iโ€™ll definitely give this a try.

chino316

Reaction score
Oh, what a cutie pie!

Lucky is still fairly young and easily excitable. My bulldog is almost 11 months old and does the same thing. Jax is 4 and while he still gets excited when someone comes home, it is a "calmer" excited. Bulldogs are "people" dogs so when you leave them, even if for 5 minutes, they act like you've been gone for years. Look up the Nothing in Life is Free technique. As Tgirl mentions, ignore him until he calms down.

Thank you I definitely will try...

Frenchie Fanatic

Reaction score
Ok so my french bulldog is 8 Months old, we all live together with me and my stay at home all day parents who are retired and Home all day with Lucky my Frenchie. So when I leave for work at 4am and return home around 2:30.. once I click that door open and walk he comes excited running to me standing jumping to see me but everytime I try to pet him hello am here he would lick then start bitting my hand and follows me up to my room jumps in the bed waiting for me to change and continues to try jumping standing in me and trying to bite my hand and arm when Iโ€™m trying to pet him any method to get Home to stop doing that? And itโ€™s not just me Lucky also does it to my mother as well everytime she leaves to the store for like a half hour...
e775f64b56003e89054598362e9a04aa.jpg

Welcome!! Lucky is a handsome boy!!
You've already gotten some good advice.
Enjoy your frenchie!
:yes:

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I think it's a Frenchie thing, I have a couple who will bite, not hard, just little love bits when they are excited to see me. I have a friend and she has a Frenchie who does the same thing. Not all of them do it, but some do. You can try telling him, "no bite" when he does it.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome! He is gorgeous.... I would give a firm 'no'...make him sit and then pet him (not on the top of his head) once he is settle. Petting or acknowledging when that level of excitement is telling him it is acceptable to do so... basically, wait for him to settle down before you say hello. it will take some time but you'll get there