Help My Frenchie I think my frenchie is hyper.

LittleMissOlive

Reaction score
I need help, I can't have guest come over because Miss Olive will jump all over them. She is friendly just really Hyper. How do I fix this?:confused:( :confused:

mcraven2

Reaction score
I would suggest more walks during the day, some dogs just need more walking to burn that extra energy! :)

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Before your guests arrive put Olive in her harness/collar and snap her leash on before you open the door to welcome them. Have her sit before any guests can pet her. This will take time and patience because Frenchies are so friendly and easily excited. She will eventually catch on that if she wants attention she has to sit and behave. At least you will have control of her when she is leashed.

Welcome to FBN. I'd love to see some pictures of your Olive!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Before your guests arrive put Olive in her harness/collar and snap her leash on before you open the door to welcome them. Have her sit before any guests can pet her. This will take time and patience because Frenchies are so friendly and easily excited. She will eventually catch on that if she wants attention she has to sit and behave. At least you will have control of her when she is leashed.

[MENTION=236]LittleMissOlive[/MENTION] --- ^^^ Alice gave excellent advice!

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score

Excellent advice! If you have a friend or neighbor who is willing to help practice with you that's even better.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Yep I agree, great advise above, it just takes practice and plenty of patience.

Debra

Reaction score
A tired dog is a happy dog! Cant wait to see her!