Frenchie Travel

Nero

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First off, I just joined the site, so hello!

I was just hoping somebody might be able to give me some advice on something that has been playing on my mind a bit lately. First off, I live in China so what I am about to tell you may seem a bit....odd based on how things may be done back home (UK).

I just bought a 5 month old fawn french bulldog (called Nero) from a very good friend, who happens to live on the South side of China.
So, he mentioned that their dogs are couriered around China using Fedex or something similar alllll the time, but I am aware that the courier are going to fly him (BUT I have read stories about how commercial airlines won't fly this and similar breeds of dog due to their stress levels and possibility of overheating).
The flight he will be taking with the courier is just under two hours, and I presume since the courier offer the service here, he wouldn't be in that kind of danger/environment.

If this is indeed the case, my question is, is there anything I can do in advance to still make him feel more comfortable flying, such as getting him ready, considering cooled things in his crate to keeping him cooler, keeping him busy with a toy or something etc? Also, has anyone had experience of flying with a frenchie before?

I am new here, so gladly appreciate any advice you can offer.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• WechatIMG7.jpg
    WechatIMG7.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 189

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Never ever fly one in cargo, very dangerous. Several airlines will let you bring them in the cabin with you in an approved carrier.

Nero

Reaction score
Never ever fly one in cargo, very dangerous. Several airlines will let you bring them in the cabin with you in an approved carrier.

That's what I thought too. No commercial Chinese airlines allow dogs in the cabin for fear of rabies or something (many also say not even on board at all). The trains also do not accept any pets. I have mentioned this several times, and the sender assures me that Fedex/whoever the company used here is, are totally fine and they send all kinds of dogs all the time. I, however, remain pretty concerned about it and have been trying to figure something out.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to FBN... i have no experience, but wish you the best of luck. I do agree... never fly them in cargo

Nero

Reaction score
Thanks very much. The only other thing I can think of his having him sent by consignment in a luggage area of a 16hour train ride. But I kind of feel like, if luggage is being chucked in at every station, and its an unfamiliar environment for what will end up being 20 hours effectively from submission at the consignment desk, surely that would be worse? :unsure:

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Such a difficult situation... sending lots of positive thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I would not put him in cargo on a train either, not sure if it is air conditioned and how they would treat him.