a little of something else in there?

Nero

Reaction score
Hi,

Again, I'm new to frenchies and the forum, so Hi!

I am just wondering about this little guy. I have seen ones that have little legs and a stance like him whilst looking through google images of french bulldogs (one especially came up when I was researching his underbite). But, I am thinking there maybe a little bit of another breed mixed in here (as mentioned, completely new to frenchies). What do you think of the fella?

WechatIMG9.jpgWechatIMG11.jpgWechatIMG10.jpgWechatIMG7.jpg

Tgirl

Reaction score
He is a cutie. In my (uneducated) opinion it looks like he could have a little of something else in him.

Nero

Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts. This is his dad...whether that may or may not help people decide, i don't know.

Attachments

• WechatIMG12.jpg
    WechatIMG12.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 238

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome.... Dad is a Frenchie, but your adorable little guy is a mix of some type.. almost looks like a German Shepherd face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I would not buy this pup. Something going on with his shoulders, not placed correct. Plus his front feet are pointing outward, also a shoulder issue. Nose is too long and face too narrow. Not a very well bred pup.

Nero

Reaction score
Yeah, he's got a strange shape, similar to the following picture I stumbled across on google images when researching underbites. Do you guys think he will have discomfort in the future or might grow up ok?

Attachments

• dog1.jpg
    dog1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 217

Nero

Reaction score
I have just now seen a video of him, as a baby, in the same location, feeding from his mother who is a frenchie :eek:hmy:

hmmm!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I have just now seen a video of him, as a baby, in the same location, feeding from his mother who is a frenchie :eek:hmy:

hmmm!

Unless you can visit the 'home'... do not believe what you are seeing

Nero

Reaction score
Ahhhh, it's a minefield haha
He's not an expensive dog really (probably on account of all this confusion) and we don't have a lot of choice out here where we live in China, so I guess we will take him. He seems healthy from all the videos we have seen of him running and eating etc, but we will get him to our own for a check-up. If he is strong and healthy, he can stay... better off with us than stuck in a cage somewhere afterall, hey! :)

Frenchie Fanatic

Reaction score
Ahhhh, it's a minefield haha
He's not an expensive dog really (probably on account of all this confusion) and we don't have a lot of choice out here where we live in China, so I guess we will take him. He seems healthy from all the videos we have seen of him running and eating etc, but we will get him to our own for a check-up. If he is strong and healthy, he can stay... better off with us than stuck in a cage somewhere afterall, hey! :)

Best of luck to you.
I agree with and like your statement.
That is wonderful
. :yes:

Nero

Reaction score
Couple of the latest screengrabs

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 3.23.23 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 3.23.23 PM.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 228
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 3.25.01 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 3.25.01 PM.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 212

Nero

Reaction score
He finally got home today

Attachments

• 20180222_203205.jpg
    20180222_203205.jpg
    982.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 20180222_201437.jpg
    20180222_201437.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 204

Nero

Reaction score
Welcome home! He looks pretty content!!

Like duck to water. We are quite surprised since he has only ever lived in a cage before. The guy told us we should let him just sleep in his cage for 4 to 6 nights while he gets used to the apartment. Morning 1....covered in poo haha we are training him to go to toilet outside by taking him out regularly through the day and rewarding.

Other than that news, loves his food to every last piece, and likes his bed n toys.

Nero

Reaction score
Took a trip to the vets on account of some puffy red eyelids. Turns out he has had a bit of an allergic reaction to something. But found out he is only 4.6kg and undernourished, and as suspected the old food he was on is considered not good. Time to fatten this lad up!

Tgirl

Reaction score
I'm glad he is home! Looks like he settled right in. I'm sure you will have him in tip top shape in no time. Congratulations on your new family member. :)