Gas....

Dana M

Reaction score
I was wondering if gas is just to be expected with this breed or If I should try a different food. Jedi has a lot of gas when he is sleeping.

mhuinker

Reaction score
It could be his food, but this breed is generally known for being gassy. :bad: Maybe some other experienced Frenchie owners will chime in here, but it is definitely one of their characteristics. :)

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Most likely the food or something you are adding/giving as a treat. what are you currently feeding and how old is Jedi?

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
I would think its the food, mine don't have gas but if I change their food to a non grain free then watch out!!! Peeeeeeheeeeew!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Dana M

Reaction score
Jedi is around 7 months. I am feeding him Acana ranchland. For treats he is getting some cheese flavored grain free treats and wellness small soft grain free treats for training. I have only had him around a month so I was also wondering if it may take a little for his stomach to get used to the food. My Cane corso does really well on the Acana and I would like them to eat the same thing but I feel like with how bad the gas is that his tummy must feel bad and I hate to do that to him.

Babette

Reaction score
Babetty has horrible gas when she's on a food that doesn't do well with her tummy. Other than that she's usually not too bad. :)

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
First I would change his treats and see if that helps. We give ours Fruitables and they love them. You can get them from PetFlow, or some pet food stores carry them. If that doesn't help then it the food he is on.

trishkidd24

Reaction score
I am going to have to try the Fruitables suggestion because Margie's gas some days is unbearable. Last night she was laying on the other side of the room and we heard her pass gas like she was a full size grown man! Cant believe something so nasty can come out of a 15 pound little dog!

kitkatmummy25

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what Winston eats (raw fed now) he still farts for the Queen. Silently but deadly ones as well. Charcoal biscuits do help.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jax can definitely clear out a room with his tooting! I had bought some new treats for him a couple weeks ago and he was killing us at night with his farts (more than normal). I stopped giving him those treats and his gas went back to normal.

coolcat46

Reaction score
I was wondering if gas is just to be expected with this breed or If I should try a different food. Jedi has a lot of gas when he is sleeping.

Did you try plain yogurt?? Stonyfield is good...I have a gassy frenchie and was reading how yogurt is a help so I just startedher but I know it cant hurt!!!

Katie Winchell

Reaction score
Depending on what Norm eats he gets really bad gas. I learned for treats I just stick to plains bones or Charlie Bears (Liver Flavor). I give my Chihuahua all sorts of flavored treats. Everyone once in a while I feel bad that I don't give them to Norm so I'll him have one and I regret that later. He can clear a room in seconds. He also gets plain yogurt for a treat.