Environmental Allergies, i.e. grass

Seaglass

Reaction score
My brindle frenchie is allergic to grass and who knows what else outside. Need help to find out what to put on her topically, etc.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Try wiping her feet and underside when you come in from outside and hopefully this will help. plus Benedryl cream may help, but if you put it on her paws, she will just lick it off.

Babette

Reaction score
I think someone mentioned putting a shirt on their frenchie who also had grass allergies. Might help with the tummy area. :)

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
my guys are too.... i do as David suggested --- each trip out, when we come in I wipe their paws and belly with unscented baby wipes or a warm wash cloth

Debra

Reaction score
You can wipe there feet with a mix of equal parts water apple cider vinegar.

saraepstein1

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my 1 year old french bulldog. She is constantly getting rashes. I've taken her to the vet for them, which she did recommend wiping her paws when she comes inside. I've been doing that and giving her zyrtec (also recommended by the vet) and she still gets rashes. Mainly on her chest so I'm assuming it's coming from the grass.

I may try the benedryl cream and see if that works. The vet did give me a topical spray but it doesn't seem to make a huge difference. Any other advice would be great!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my 1 year old french bulldog. She is constantly getting rashes. I've taken her to the vet for them, which she did recommend wiping her paws when she comes inside. I've been doing that and giving her zyrtec (also recommended by the vet) and she still gets rashes. Mainly on her chest so I'm assuming it's coming from the grass.

I may try the benedryl cream and see if that works. The vet did give me a topical spray but it doesn't seem to make a huge difference. Any other advice would be great!

try a toddle t-shirt to keep the grass from rubbing against his chest