Send Healing vibes please!

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
Stella had a MRI this morning and is now in surgery with a neurologist for a ruptured disk at C-4 C-5. Hoping for a good outcome and can't wait to get her home in a few days.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh no!!!! Jax's surgery last summer was at C3-C4.

Recovery is so tough cause they have to stay crated for so long and I don't know about Stella but Jax hated being in there. On top of the pain meds he was on, I also gave him CBD oil. We also do regular acupuncture and laser therapy for maintenance.

Sending lots of thoughts to you and Stella and if you have any questions on my experience with Jax, just let me know!!

Frenchie Grrrl

Reaction score
Stella had a MRI this morning and is now in surgery with a neurologist for a ruptured disk at C-4 C-5. Hoping for a good outcome and can't wait to get her home in a few days.

Hope surgery went well. Keep us updated! Gus and I are sending our healing vibes her way. :heart:

GraciesMom

Reaction score
Sending healing vibes and sharing my experience. One of my pugs had a disk injury and required crating. What we did instead was set up a pen on our family room floor using those foldable wire gates. It was big enough for us to sit in there with him. We didn't play with him but we were there to keep him company. The goal was to keep him calm and as still as possible. He wasn't used to being crated and became very stressed in the crate. The surgeon agreed this was a good compromise. It may not work for everybody but was a better alternative for him given his anxiety in the crate.

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
So Stella's surgery went well and the doctor said she is walking! She is on anti-anxiety meds. and a pain patch. We should be able to bring her home tomorrow afternoon. Keeping her calm will be very challenging!

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
Poor Stella! Sending positive thoughts and healing vibes to her!! Good luck with the recovery!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
So Stella's surgery went well and the doctor said she is walking! She is on anti-anxiety meds. and a pain patch. We should be able to bring her home tomorrow afternoon. Keeping her calm will be very challenging!

How is Stella??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
How is Stella??

Thank you for asking. She is comfortable. Her staples will be removed July 2nd and she will have a recheck then. Pain patch comes off tomorrow and we switch to tramadol. Hard to keep her down. She thinks she is normal!!!IMG_3959.jpg

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for asking. She is comfortable. Her staples will be removed July 2nd and she will have a recheck then. Pain patch comes off tomorrow and we switch to tramadol. Hard to keep her down. She thinks she is normal!!!View attachment 12008

Oh my! I wasn’t expecting that big of an incision

Frenchie Fanatic

Reaction score

Great news. Good to hear.
I know you must be feeing good about now!!
Here's wishing her a complete and speedy recovery. :yes:

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
That looks like a bigger incision than what Jax had. He had stitches, not staples. His fur grew back pretty quickly.

You can try CBD oil to help keep her calm or get some Trazodone from the vet.

FroxerMom

Reaction score
Thank you for asking. She is comfortable. Her staples will be removed July 2nd and she will have a recheck then. Pain patch comes off tomorrow and we switch to tramadol. Hard to keep her down. She thinks she is normal!!!View attachment 12008

Oh goodness. Wow. Fingers and toes crossed for a speedy and stress-free recovery!

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
IMG_6732.jpg
Sorry if this freaks anyone out. Hopefully 2019 will be better for Stella. She ruptured a disc in her back and had spinal surgery...again. I know it's a big incision but she was very comfortable after surgery. That's a fentanyl patch on her back.
IVDD is becoming so common in frenchies, it breaks my heart. I am thankful that she is not paralyzed and she was in great hands with her neurologist that performed the emergency surgery, on a Sunday no less.

Mechadogzilla

Reaction score
All the best wishes for Stella. Ivan, one of my Frenchies, had a similar surgery and, once it healed, was as good as new. I was just very careful about how I picked him up and made sure he didn’t jump on/off furniture very often (easier said than done). I remember having all the staples removed was not fun. Best of luck for you and your doggie family in the new year.

🆕 Latest posts