Barking Frenchies

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
OK, just curious, who's Frenchies are barkers and who's are quiet? Hazel is very quiet, and never makes a peep. I think I have only heard her give out a little bark one time.

Debra

Reaction score
Well little Junie barks at everything, the wind , the bird...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She will even run out the door barking & look back to see if anyone is following & if they are not, she runs back to say " hey something is going on out here, not sure what, but something"

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Cheli only barks to play or while playing... Otherwise, not a peep from him, which is great since his EB sister barks at EVERYTHING

Cosette Girl

Reaction score
Cosette has been with me for almost 5 months. She has only barked twice .

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Marg only barks when her big brother does... He typically only barks when someone is in the driveway or at the door. Ha I do have to say she has the cutest puppy bark ever though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

mcraven2

Reaction score
Diva is a barker! She is the guard dog out of the 3!

MamaAndi

Reaction score
Stella is super quiet in the house, no whining, no barking....but let her outside and she barks like it is her god given duty to protect the house from EVERYTHING! :)

mhuinker

Reaction score
Does anyone's Frenchie "sing" or make those funny noises that Frenchies are notorious for?

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Hazel doesn't make much noise, except she will grunt, grunt, a little every once in awhile when she is standing up with her front paws on the couch when you pet her. She doesn't even snore when she is sleeping. Her crate is in our bedroom and when we go to bed I don't even know she is in there.

mcraven2

Reaction score
Does anyone's Frenchie "sing" or make those funny noises that Frenchies are notorious for?

Diva makes lots of noises! She grunts and snores, we always say she's talking to us. The noises are so cute!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Buster barks when deer are in our landscaping or when he thinks deer are in our landscaping, also he barks when something has been moved to a different location!

Rudi Lim

Reaction score
Boxy barks whenever he needed attention from my mom. He barks when my mom is with guests, while she was on the phone, when he felt he was neglected by her.

Lulu also barks when playing with Boxy. She will only bark at times to get my attention.

But these barks aren't as irritating as those given by chihuahuas or Pomeranians.. Haha

petitsfilous

Reaction score
Bernie likes to bark when he is playing with us. We'll get to a certain stage where we go a bit bonkers and out come the deep gruff barks!