Rescue in OH - Any Red Flags here?

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I don't see a problem with it, but she looks older than 5. Maybe 7 or so, but she still looks like a sweet girl.

Debra

Reaction score
I kinda snooped around & the group seems legit. Sometimes a rescue will keep a picture up even after the dog is adopted to generate interest, especially a popular breed. Have you contacted them to see if she is still available?

Debra

Reaction score
Are you willing to travel to adopt?

Cosette Girl

Reaction score
My first Frenchie had the same coloring and started to turn gray when she was five.

I agree with Debra. I just looked at their site too.
It's worth a try to call and ask about her; rescue groups seem very honest about their dogs; they want to see them matched with the best candidate for their dog's needs.

If you do, please let us know. I am eager to hear her story.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like she may have been on hold due to the health issues when she arrived (skinny, dirty, etc)

mhuinker

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will dig a little deeper. Yes, Debra, I am willing to travel, to a certain extent, for my baby! :) I was just curious about this because I'm very paranoid. Some rescues in OH operate under false pretentions. I did get an email from my original contact about this dog, and they don't really have much info on her other than what is in her bio, so I'm not sure what other health issues she may have, but they did say that she went to a home with 4 other Frenchies, but that she didn't mesh well with their pack, so she is back in rescue. :(

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will dig a little deeper. Yes, Debra, I am willing to travel, to a certain extent, for my baby! :) I was just curious about this because I'm very paranoid. Some rescues in OH operate under false pretentions. I did get an email from my original contact about this dog, and they don't really have much info on her other than what is in her bio, so I'm not sure what other health issues she may have, but they did say that she went to a home with 4 other Frenchies, but that she didn't mesh well with their pack, so she is back in rescue. :(

Poor girl.... Hope something works out for her

mhuinker

Reaction score
I would love some advice....... for some reason I keep emailing this rescue and bombarding them with questions, which they are quick to answer, but why do I feel hesitant about this???? I have no idea why, but maybe I'm being paranoid..... I hate to turn away from a dog because of her age, but then again, because I get extremely attached to my puppies, I don't want to lose them so quickly either! :(

The gist of mine and their emails are: The ASPCA and the vet both agree on the 5 yr age. She is gray, but her eyes and teeth are in great shape. The rescue states she gets along with other dogs, but yet she was returned to the rescue from her first adopter because she didn't "mesh" with their 4 other Frenchies... She doesn't have any known aggression issues, but bonds quickly with her owner/caretaker. They state she can be cuddly, but is also very excitable and wiggly like any Frenchie. They say she doesn't suffer from any of the typical Frenchie issues (I asked about allergies, back problems, walking/leg problems).....

I just don't know why I'm hesitant? :(

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I would love some advice....... for some reason I keep emailing this rescue and bombarding them with questions, which they are quick to answer, but why do I feel hesitant about this???? I have no idea why, but maybe I'm being paranoid..... I hate to turn away from a dog because of her age, but then again, because I get extremely attached to my puppies, I don't want to lose them so quickly either! :(

The gist of mine and their emails are: The ASPCA and the vet both agree on the 5 yr age. She is gray, but her eyes and teeth are in great shape. The rescue states she gets along with other dogs, but yet she was returned to the rescue from her first adopter because she didn't "mesh" with their 4 other Frenchies... She doesn't have any known aggression issues, but bonds quickly with her owner/caretaker. They state she can be cuddly, but is also very excitable and wiggly like any Frenchie. They say she doesn't suffer from any of the typical Frenchie issues (I asked about allergies, back problems, walking/leg problems).....

I just don't know why I'm hesitant? :(

could it be because you can't meet her? Ya know, physically

mhuinker

Reaction score
I also just found out from the rescue that she is currently being housed in a kennel, not a foster family, and it would be up to ME to find a reputable rescue to do a home visit if I were to adopt her......
[MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION] - yes, that could be part of it I suppose. There just isn't all the history that I guess I'm used to seeing on the other rescue sites that I've visited. :(

Cosette Girl

Reaction score
My goodness , that poor baby is living in a kennel? Sounds like they are a small group with fewer resources than the other groups. Circumstances might have prevented her from being adopted.