Homemade Treat Recipes to share?

mhuinker

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been posted already (search is not working on this slow computer at work)......
Anyway, I am wondering if anyone has any homemade treat recipes they would like to share.....

Thank you!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
There are a few on EBN... I'll copy them over for you

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hereis one... compliments of cali-baker (Henny) over at EBN

This morning I made a batch of these cookies for the boys. Just out of the oven so I don't know how they'll like it yet, but wanted to share the recipe for anyone looking for something to bake for your bully on this lovely fall day!

(recipe adapted from Justapinch website)

Ingredients:

3 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup applesauce (no sugar added kind)
1/2 banana (mashed)
1 tablespoon (or more) natural peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 large egg
1/4 cup water (may need a bit more if needed to make dough more manageable)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Combine all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until just combined
3. Drop about 1 tablespoonful (or 1 teaspoon for smaller cookies), onto a parchment lined baking sheet
4. Bake for about 30-40 minutes depending on your oven (should be a hard, biscuit-like cookie)
5. Allow cookies to cool for about 2 hours, and enjoy!!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Another form Dudley's Mom at EBN

Here is a Pumpkin Recipe. Cleo’s Pumpkin Dog Biscuits

2 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons dry milk
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 1/2 cups brown rice flour *
1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.

In large bowl, whisk together eggs and pumpkin to smooth. Stir in dry milk, sea salt, and dried parsley (if using, optional). Add brown rice flour gradually, combining with spatula or hands to form a stiff, dry dough. Turn out onto lightly floured surface (can use the brown rice flour) and if dough is still rough, briefly knead and press to combine.

Roll dough between 1/4 – 1/2″ – depending on your dog’s chew preferences, – and use biscuit or other shape cutter to punch shapes, gathering and re-rolling scraps as you go. Place shapes on cookie sheet, no greasing or paper necessary. If desired, press fork pattern on biscuits before baking, a quick up-and-down movement with fork, lightly pressing down halfway through dough. Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully turn biscuits over, then bake additional 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely on rack before feeding to dog.

* Brown rice flour gives the biscuits crunch and promotes better dog digestion. Many dogs have touchy stomachs or allergies, and do not, like many people I know, tolerate wheat.

Makes up to 75 small (1″) biscuits or 50 medium biscuits

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Another from Henny ...

This is another recipe from Modern Dog. It incorporates rolled oats, bananas, flaxseed, and peanut butter. A batch just came out of the oven and Tate and Finn taste tested it just now. The verdict is....they LOVE it!

As you can see from the picture, they did get a tiny bit burnt so watch the cookies after about 15 minutes. The directions say to bake for 25minutes but that proved to be a bit long in my oven. More like 18-20minutes.

Hope you will give these a try!

Peanut Butter and Banana Oat Drops by Gwen Burgart & Kim Forrest

Ingredients
4 cups rolled oats
2 Tbsp ground flax seed
2 medium very ripe bananas
1/2 cup natural (no sugar or shortening added) peanut butter
1/2 cup water

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix together oats, flax seed, bananas and peanut butter in an electric mixer. Add some water and mix well. Drop 1/2 teaspoon-sized drops onto greased cookie sheet or roll out and cut with a cookie cutter (let dough stand for a few minutes before rolling; it's sticky initially). Bake for 25 min or until golden brown.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Here is a quick and easy summer time treat. Mix 1/2 plain yogurt and peanut butter, or add peanut butter to your liking. Get a cookie sheet or small pan and line with wax paper and drop small spoon fulls onto it and then freeze. Once frozen, you can take them off the sheet and put in a plastic zip lock and give to your babies when ever you wish.

Jess M

Reaction score
I got this recipe from someone awhile ago and my dogs love it! It's super easy and smells yummy when baking.
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
2 T Peanut Butter
4 T Applesauce

In a food processor blend oats until it's a coarse flour consistency. Add peanut butter and applesauce.
Dough should be soft and together. If crumbly, add more applesauce.
Roll dough out between two pieces of parchment paper.
You can sprinkle additional oats on top of rolled out dough. Cut out Treats using a cookie cutter.
Bake on the parchment paper in 300 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes or until hard. Enjoy!
* Please note that some dogs may have allergies and some ingredients may have to be adjusted or eliminated accordingly.. If you have any concerns please consult your vet as I can not be held responsible for your dogs nutrition.image.jpg

Debra

Reaction score
I don't know about you all, but they sound really good for people :yes4:

Spars

Reaction score
I don't know about you all, but they sound really good for people :yes4:

They do sound good for people as well. Making me want to roll around on the floor snorting and chewing ;p

- - - Updated - - -

I apologize if this has been posted already (search is not working on this slow computer at work)......
Anyway, I am wondering if anyone has any homemade treat recipes they would like to share.....

Thank you!

Thanks for asking the question. I hadn't thought about making treats :)

mhuinker

Reaction score
They do sound good for people as well. Making me want to roll around on the floor snorting and chewing ;p

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for asking the question. I hadn't thought about making treats :)

LOL, the first comment made my morning, good laugh! :ROFL:

Babette

Reaction score
I love that yogurt idea! I'll have to get around to making all of these eventually. Thanks, good post.