Application #3.... and counting

mhuinker

Reaction score
Third time a charm? (maybe)..... I have no idea how long she has been on the available page though. :(

Rohen003_1024x676.jpg

brs0001

Reaction score
Hi Michelle,
Are you having difficulty getting a response with an application? The reason I ask is that about 4 years ago I wanted to adopt from the rescue league of Chicago but never got a response. after about a year I just said enough and found a very reputable breeder and bought my little guy. I completely understand that every dog should be placed in the "right" home but after I submitted and submitted and didn't even get a reply I decided to take another route. Don't feel like you're the only one, trust me. I hope this helps a little.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Good luck and maybe this will be the one.

mhuinker

Reaction score
Hi Michelle,
Are you having difficulty getting a response with an application? The reason I ask is that about 4 years ago I wanted to adopt from the rescue league of Chicago but never got a response. after about a year I just said enough and found a very reputable breeder and bought my little guy. I completely understand that every dog should be placed in the "right" home but after I submitted and submitted and didn't even get a reply I decided to take another route. Don't feel like you're the only one, trust me. I hope this helps a little.

I've applied 3 times, the 1st one they sent me the infamous rejection letter, but didn't tell me why I wasn't picked (it may not have been anything wrong with my app, they just found a better fit for the dog.... but didn't even seem like it was fair), the 2nd time I received an email for a phone interview that never happened, and they too found a "better" fit for the pup (that one really hurt, I wanted that little girl so bad!), this time, well, I just applied today, so I haven't heard anything yet. However, from this particular rescue, I do get the automated email that they did receive my application/donation, so I know they are going through.

I have also been put on a waiting list with a reputable breeder, but not sure how long I will have to wait for that little bundle of joy. :) But I'm being surprisingly patient for the right little baby to come along (I'm sure my husband would not agree with that statement, haha, every night I'm whining about not having my little Frenchie) :)

Logan is just a cutie!!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
OH mY.... so cute! fingers, toes and paws are crossed for you!!

mhuinker

Reaction score
:rofl: they are all adorable terrors.... Cheli terrorises his 60lb sister ALL day long

Skin sister or fur sister? :)
Cheli is an adorable little guy! I love the brindles!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Skin sister or fur sister? :)
Cheli is an adorable little guy! I love the brindles!

Fur.... I have a 8 yrs old female Bulldog named Banks... he tortures her and even now/then she will put him in line and he behaves for a few days

mhuinker

Reaction score
Fur.... I have a 8 yrs old female Bulldog named Banks... he tortures her and even now/then she will put him in line and he behaves for a few days

That's funny! I should have remembered that from your videos! Duh! :( Cute!

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoping third time is the charm! :begging:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

kim

Reaction score
I'm crossing my fingers for you and sending you good luck vibes!!!!!!!!!!

Tgirl

Reaction score
I really hope this one works out for you. Good luck!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

winginit66

Reaction score
Hi Michelle,

I agree. I sent in a volunteer application probably about a month ago.... Still no response. They did send a thank you for my donation.

Cosette Girl

Reaction score
From my own experience it helps to make your application stand out by describing how you would make a great home for a Frenchie. Also, try sending a follow-up email reminding them who you are; I am sure they are overloaded with applications.
Praying that you get a call!

mhuinker

Reaction score
Well, another one slipped through my fingers again. This is getting frustrating.... Oh well.....

Cosette Girl

Reaction score
Michelle, please do not loose heart. You WILL find your baby!!!!!!!!!!