Dog food

kim

Reaction score
So I made the switch and put Piper on Fromm Puppy and she's been doing great. She no longer has gas issues and she loves it. Fromm is not a readily available here and especially the puppy gold. There was one bag left at the pet store I go to so they put it on hold for me. My husband goes to pick it up and they sold it!!!!! I was so mad, I called almost every pet store and no
one carries it. So we decided to put her on Origen Puppy,It's available at all the pet stores so I won't have to worry that I might not find it. Once she's old enough to be off puppy food, I'll put her back on Fromm. Does anyone feed Origen and if so how do you like it?

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
You can get FROMM at PetFlow.com and have it deliverd to your door. I haven't used Origen puppy before, we tried the adult food a long time ago and they did OK on it, but Lucy started itching on it, but the others did OK.

kim

Reaction score
I live in Canada and Petflow does not deliver to us :(

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
[MENTION=160]kim[/MENTION], total bummer, sorry.

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
[MENTION=160]kim[/MENTION] I've heard nothing but good things about Orijen, not sure about the puppy formula but the adult does have a lot of protein. Don't overfeed if its really high too, and make sure plenty of exercise is given to burn it off. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

kim

Reaction score
The protein is really high 40% (min) and they suggest feeding 1 1/4- 2 1/4 cups per day. The Fromm Puppy Gold suggested feeding was less and so was the protein. How much should I feed her? I worried about her getting the runs or an upset stomach. I was feeding her a cup of the fromm a day.

kim

Reaction score
I just took her out and she had loose stool. I hope it was because I didn't have enough of the Fromm to transition her to the Origen properly. Plus it was stinky! I never noticed a strong smell with the Fromm.

Debra

Reaction score
Maybe the store that said they would hold it for you, can order just for you? If they sold your bag, other people must use it too

kim

Reaction score
I'm sure they could but I feel bad that I keep switching her food.

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
If you didn't do a slow switch then that's surely why, put her on bland diet a couple of days and then introduce the new kibble by doing the third day half bland and half kibble, you should be okay by the fourth day.

Great suggestion by Debra, maybe you can order it through them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

kim

Reaction score
Thanks Bullmama, that's a great idea! I remember someone posting their recipe for a bland diet, I'll just do a search for it.

Spars

Reaction score
So I made the switch and put Piper on Fromm Puppy and she's been doing great. She no longer has gas issues and she loves it. Fromm is not a readily available here and especially the puppy gold. There was one bag left at the pet store I go to so they put it on hold for me. My husband goes to pick it up and they sold it!!!!! I was so mad, I called almost every pet store and no
one carries it. So we decided to put her on Origen Puppy,It's available at all the pet stores so I won't have to worry that I might not find it. Once she's old enough to be off puppy food, I'll put her back on Fromm. Does anyone feed Origen and if so how do you like it?

Err, I can send Fromm puppy gold for some Timmies!! ;)

Spars

Reaction score
There was nothing like stopping at Timmies after a cold,cold day and having soup and a sammich with a large dbl dbl :)

kim

Reaction score
There was nothing like stopping at Timmies after a cold,cold day and having soup and a sammich with a large dbl dbl :)

Every time I'm in the US I automatically ask for a dbl dbl and they look at me like I'm crazy!

Spars

Reaction score
Every time I'm in the US I automatically ask for a dbl dbl and they look at me like I'm crazy!

LOL I know, on my drive back to California I stopped at Timmies on the way and got the same look!
Dang Americans! Err wait....what did I say ;p

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score

:hmm: And, how does this relate back to dog food? someone get hungry? :giggle: