Cortana is home now!

Spars

Reaction score
I picked up Cortana yesterday :)

She ate when we got home and took a nap. We played for a bit and she went to sleep again in my lap.
She cried alot last night even though I was holding my hand in the crate. Today she will only eat if I hand feed her ( Same food the breeder had her on. which I don't want to get started) or if its a treat.
She is also licking,biting her left front paw and right front paw. They look clean and pink. No redness or swelling. I've wiped them down with baby wipes for puppies.

Could this be the stress of the trip (Airplane) and the new surroundings?

I hope this is just stress.

Not the best picture. I'll try later to get more

Cortanahome1.jpg

kim

Reaction score
I'm no help :( I just wanted to say congrats on bringing your baby home! She looks so much like my Piper, down to the spot on her back. Enjoy her :)

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Yes, it could be from the stress and also could be itchy paws from the food. She is just too darn cute. Can't wait to see her grow.

Spars

Reaction score
Thank you, it's an honor to be her caretaker!

Spars

Reaction score
Yes, it could be from the stress and also could be itchy paws from the food. She is just too darn cute. Can't wait to see her grow.

Ok, thank you for some relief. Vet appt tomorrow for wellness check so hopefully will be just the stress as the answer. Thank you :) Me either but not too fast!

mhuinker

Reaction score
Awww, she is so cute!! Wish I was more help too, but I'm not..... :( Enjoy her, she's absolutely adorable!

Debra

Reaction score
She even looks like "a Piper", what a doll baby!

winginit66

Reaction score
She is adorable! I would definitely think separation anxiety, stress. I'd give her 72 hours... I know every cry hurt though. You're taking a few days vacation, right?

Spars

Reaction score
She is adorable! I would definitely think separation anxiety, stress. I'd give her 72 hours... I know every cry hurt though. You're taking a few days vacation, right?

I am in love :)

It was heart wrenching hearing those cries! I hope that is all it is.

Yes, I am off until Thursday :)

Spars

Reaction score
Awww, she is so cute!! Wish I was more help too, but I'm not..... :( Enjoy her, she's absolutely adorable!

Sure you are! The support you are giving me is a lot of help!!

Spars

Reaction score
Aw shucks!

- - - Updated - - -

I truly can't wait to when you welcome home your new family member :)

And, ditto![/QUOTE]

Spars

Reaction score
I'm no help :( I just wanted to say congrats on bringing your baby home! She looks so much like my Piper, down to the spot on her back. Enjoy her :)

Sure you are! You are here encouraging me. Where in Canada? I lived in Cambridge, Ontario for 4 years before transferring back home to the states.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
What an absolutely darling little girl..... Best of luck with her and look forward to watching her grow