lesandcraig

Reaction score
Hello I am From London UK but now live in Sunny Los Angeles ,I have a 10 month old beautiful black brindle female french Bulldog and I have joined the forum as was looking for some advice on foods .
The food i feed to our dog we make our selves with fresh meat and vegetables then add the powder supplement package from the Just food for dogs company . when we make it we make a large batch using the ingredients and supplements as listed on the provided recipe from just food for dogs . Which is stored in the freezer with portions kept fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days . So for one month I will make chicken and rice and the next month Beef and Russet Pots and the next lamb and rice.But this means the dog is getting only one flavor per month, I have no variety and our dog seems to be getting fed up with the food about half way through the month . I do not have enough room in the freezer to make a batch of each flavor at one time . So I was looking for advice on an alternative type of food to offer her in the mornings. Most of the time she is a chow hound and just gobbles up both portions am and pm especially when it is early in the month and so is the new flavor . But about half way through the month she starts leaving the am serving and just having a couple of bites throughout the morning ,she always eats her nighttime portion (she is too much of a pig to completely starve herself) . I also give her Rainbow-Light pet enzymes All-Zyme supplement and Animin earth living Clay supplements as advised by our vet (who is part of our bulldog extended family his dogs are my dogs Aunt and Cousin). So her diet is will balanced but just needs a little variety

mcraven2

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to FBN! Your frenchie is adorable! What about adding an egg to her food in the morning? Maybe cottage cheese? Someone more experienced with home cooking should be along shortly! :)

Debra

Reaction score
So pretty!! You are so ambitious to home make her food!!!!

Spars

Reaction score
A beauty! Welcome to the board. Although I just have become a caretaker of a Frenchie and have no experience in home cooking for them. I am sure another of the most helpful people who do
will be along shortly!

winginit66

Reaction score
Hi, I have started cooking for our dogs (multiple so I go through it faster). It is more of an add-in as they all eat dry as well, so I haven't worried so much about supplements, etc. They seem to really love it. Could you try halving the recipes? That way, you could fix 2 meats and switch out every couple days or a week at time. Thanks for the tip on Just for Dogs too - I am going to check out their web site and recipes!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Welcome to the site and glad you found us. I'm no help with the raw food, just wanted to say hey.

mhuinker

Reaction score
Hello and welcome! Wish I could be more helpful to you, but I'm still waiting on my baby! This is a great board! :welcome3:

MamaAndi

Reaction score
First off, Welcome to FBN! Is her food raw or does it get cooked before you freeze it? My dogs eat raw and they get a pretty big variety...we just buy what is on sale so it ends up being lots of different sources.