Frenchie Coughing

kmac37

Reaction score
New Frenchie mom here!

Last night my 10 week Frenchie developed a cough. It started off as a gagging sort of sound and happened a couple of times throughout the night and he threw up undigested food once. Today it turned into more of hacking cough with the occasional white, foamy vomit coming up. About three hours after eating lunch he threw up a portion of it, undigested.

His temp is normal, he's not dehydrated, and he is still having playful bursts of energy so that makes me think its not Kennel Cough. The only other symptom he is showing is scratching, so maybe worms?

I've called my vet and I have an appointment scheduled for 3 days from now, but of course I can't stop worrying. Has anyone experienced something similar?

mattcantwin

Reaction score
Welcome and sorry to hear about the coughing.

Good there is a vet visit in a few days.

Have you had Enzo for a number of weeks?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
New Frenchie mom here!

Last night my 10 week Frenchie developed a cough. It started off as a gagging sort of sound and happened a couple of times throughout the night and he threw up undigested food once. Today it turned into more of hacking cough with the occasional white, foamy vomit coming up. About three hours after eating lunch he threw up a portion of it, undigested.

His temp is normal, he's not dehydrated, and he is still having playful bursts of energy so that makes me think its not Kennel Cough. The only other symptom he is showing is scratching, so maybe worms?

I've called my vet and I have an appointment scheduled for 3 days from now, but of course I can't stop worrying. Has anyone experienced something similar?

Welcome! How is he doing?

it could be palate issue or a cold developing. Please keep us posted after the vet visit