Salivary gland swelling - need advice!

CTfrenchie

Reaction score
Our 4 year old girl has swelling on the left side of her face below the jaw. We have been to two vets who took fluid and examined. They both say blocked salivary gland, not cancer and say they can do surgery or observe. One is pushing for surgery. We do not know what to do. We don’t want to put her through it if we don’t have to. She has has no apparent discomfort but last two days seems lethargic and not herself. The area seems bigger and firmer. Has anyone had experience with this? We don’t know if it is best for her to wait or to more aggressively try to fix the issue. Thank you!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t have experience but a member on here dealt with face swelling and it turned out to be some sort autoimmune disease and she lost him. Sometimes I’m more of a better to be safe than sorry person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alice Kable

Reaction score
I have no experience with this. You've got 2 opinions if it were me I'd probably go for surgery before it gets any bigger, and I'd pick a surgeon who has done this procedure many times.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
We just went through something similar with our guy it was swollen and it look like a big lump in his throat sort of under the chin our vet did two weeks antibiotic and a steroid for inflammation within 3 to 4 days he was totally back to normal. Have either vet suggested this method or is that not an option since his is blocked and not just swollen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk