Flying with your Frenchie

mhuinker

Reaction score
Has anyone on here flown with their Frenchies? If so, what size carrier did you use, and how well did it work out? Allegiant accepts pedts for a fee, and they must fit in a 9"H x 16"W x 19"D pet carrier that fits under the seat (soft sided)..... Not sure if my average size babies would fit in something like that....

Alice Kable

Reaction score
I have not flown with a dog of any breed so not much help there. I would find a pet store that sells those carriers and take your pups in to see if they fit. I know people say they have to scrunch the carrier to get it under the seat.

rubensmom

Reaction score
We actually recently took Ruben from the east coast to the west coast -- about as long of a domestic flight as you can get! He traveled in this large sherpa pet carrier and seemed not to mind it too much. It was definitely a little small for Ruben (who is a fairly tall 20 pounder at the moment and still growing!), but he had enough room to cuddle up and it's also a nice feature that his head could poke out when we were in the car or walking around the airport. The other nice thing about this one is that while it is a little big for most of the airline recommendations, the back end is spring loaded so that you can squish it down under almost any seat and still give your pet maximum headroom towards the front. We were able to get his carrier fully under the seat during the flight.

One possibly over-the-top pet mom thing I did was get him an emotional support animal letter so that he could sit up with us on the seats in the cabin. He ended up snoozing in my arms the entire time -- not a peep once we brought him up to sit with us. We got the letter via waggy.pet and we had the letter in hand same day. If you're going far, I would definitely recommend it. Our boy is VERY sensitive and would have probably whined the whole time if he couldn't sit with us!

Hope this helps and good luck!