Bad Breath!!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm wondering what other people do to help with their Frenchie's breath. Jax's breath was fine until he started to lose his teeth. I do brush his teeth once a day but his breath still stinks...BAD! It's kind of like a fishy sort of stench. I won't give him Greenies. Any suggestions?

Debra

Reaction score
I have Junies teeth cleaned 1x a year. Her breath gets extremely bad when she has a decaying tooth. I too am open to suggestions.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have Junies teeth cleaned 1x a year. Her breath gets extremely bad when she has a decaying tooth. I too am open to suggestions.

Jax has recently lost a bunch of his baby teeth and that's when the bad breath started so I'm wondering if that is the cause and maybe once his adult teeth come in, the funk will go away. But I would like to freshen his breath in the meantime!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be something he is eating.... food, treat, dirt, grass.?? My boy has some bad breath too and I think it is from constantly chewing/eating dirt and grass

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
I wish I had the answer short of brushing their teeth daily :( Antlers and hard bones, chews, ect. help but I notice with mine it just gives them a bloody metal breath instead. :down: I am going to watch this topic for anyone who has some great ideas. Otherwise it's time for us to invent one!

Cosette Girl

Reaction score
Sometimes the fishy order happens when their anal glands need to be expressed. This has happened with Cosette and my first Frenchie. Has he been scooting his bottom on the floor lately ?

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes the fishy order happens when their anal glands need to be expressed. This has happened with Cosette and my first Frenchie. Has he been scooting his bottom on the floor lately ?

He has not been scooting his butt around on the floor or even going at it. We did however drop off a stool sample today at the vet's office to test for parasites as his stool is very slimy and it looks like it is covered in mucous.

novakdesigns

Reaction score
Ive been told that chopping up a bit of parsley and putting it in with their biscuits and mixing it in with ingredients for homemade dog treats before you bake them is good for bad breath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I don't have an answer either, unless there is food stuck in his mouth were the baby teeth have come out. Just a guess.

rdhy2k

Reaction score
I will tell you , being in the dental field, we tell our patients all the time. Bad breath can from the gut and or lungs. Not always just the oral cavity. Also has he matures. Hormones will change the chemical structure of the mouth.

Wait and see what happens. Then research the options