New Bed

I Love Louie

Reaction score
Ok so I bought a new soft cushy pillow bed for Louie and he won't go nap on it.
He will lay on it and chew a toy but for a super short time. I don't want to take it
back because I'm hoping he will eventually like it but all he wants to do right now is
Sleep on my lap or anyone else's!!!
Thoughts on if you think he will love it eventually or do I somehow need to train him
To go on it?

Spars

Reaction score
Nice, I'd give it a little more time to grow on him. Maybe put a t-shirt you have worn in it as well?

Debra

Reaction score
A lap is more comfy than a bed :) I think its like anything, some love beds some don't, but give it time :)

Reaction score
Ok so I bought a new soft cushy pillow bed for Louie and he won't go nap on it.
He will lay on it and chew a toy but for a super short time. I don't want to take it
back because I'm hoping he will eventually like it but all he wants to do right now is
Sleep on my lap or anyone else's!!!
Thoughts on if you think he will love it eventually or do I somehow need to train him
To go on it?
HAHAHA. How old is Louie? My bet is once he discovers it's "his place" he'll learn to love it. My boy used to chew his bed and beat it up but would never sleep in it nd now you can't pull him out:yes::yes::yes: We want PICs :yes::yes::yes:

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jax used to prefer a lap as well, however, now he can barely fit! A couple weeks ago he tried squeezing himself onto my lap. He sleeps on his bed when he is home alone, otherwise, he sleeps on the couch and now we let him sleep with us at night in our bed and even then he likes to be all over me (and I love it cuddling with him).

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Some like beds and others don't. He might warm up to it later.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
When I think of Frenchies I think LAP DOG! Of course my English Bulldogs have all been lap dogs, too! He will grow to like his bed!

I Love Louie

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice and don't get me wrong I love to cuddle with him but concerned that maybe he won't fit on my lap once he is full grown!!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
When I think of Frenchies I think LAP DOG! Of course my English Bulldogs have all been lap dogs, too! He will grow to like his bed!

Yes, I had a 60lb EB lap dog... he never took to HIS bed, LOVED his crate and or bed, but ever really liked his 'dog bed'. Our Frenchis is the same way. However, our EB girl... loves her crate and bed, she is not much for cuddling. Point is, theya re all differnet