I've just seen the ugly side of Frenchie Owners/Breeders

mhuinker

Reaction score
Wow, just wow. Some people are very unprofessional! Guess it's better it came out now before I wasted my time and energy visiting this breeder!!! :cursing:

I came across a couple of older puppies on puppyfind.com and contacted the breeder about them. We have had several emails back and forth and I even filled out her application. This has been going on for about 3 days guess now. It sounded like she was willing to sell the 2 puppies I was interested in to me. Well, after all this back and forth, I get an email this evening saying that she has decided not to sell them to me and that she is going to pass. Her reason is because of my work schedule. I work a regular 40 hour week, no more, and would be home at lunch time.

Well, to say the least I was crushed about this, but gracious to her because she had been so nice. So I replied to her and told her I understood and thanked her for her time.

Well, I go on facebook tonight and I see where she has posted about my situation, without even getting the facts straight, or without knowing me, and said that I would be leaving the puppies home for 10 hours a day! Really? REALLY??? I never said that anywhere in any of my emails or application, and I think I was even very straight forward with her about my hours (8-5). And of course, all her so called "friends" and followers were on her side and one disgusting woman even said I obviously don't care about the dog if I was willing to leave it home all that time..... REALLY!!??? This woman doesn't even know me!!! How dare she draw those conclusions about me. I'm so boiling made I could spit nails right now!!!!! :bitching: :angry:

Needless to say I unfriended her.

I'm am just beside myself. I could cry. :*(

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
OMG.... BREATHE!!! vent away to us... it will all work out, once you own a Frenchie you will really how much people really suck even more than you realize now. Why -- because DOGS RULE !!!

Now, PM me the bredders so I can spam them ;giggle:

mhuinker

Reaction score
OMG.... BREATHE!!! vent away to us... it will all work out, once you own a Frenchie you will really how much people really suck even more than you realize now. Why -- because DOGS RULE !!!

Now, PM me the bredders so I can spam them ;giggle:
:haha:

mhuinker

Reaction score
[MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION] - unfortunately, I already know how people really can suck...... my Boxers were my babies. I want a Frenchie baby, I just don't get it. I'm not a horrible person, but man, this is just ripping at my heart! I never in my wildest dreams thought it was going to be this difficult to get a baby! I guess I know now why she still has so many "older" puppies... She turned me down because she didn't want to see them "locked" up in a laundry room (granted my laundry room is bigger than most bathrooms) all day. Really? Excuse me for having to work for a living! Geesh!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
The breeder must have trouble letting her babies go. I know I could never breed because I'd want to keep every puppy!

Keep trying, Michelle.

winginit66

Reaction score
There are others out here who work FT too, and cannot come home at lunch!!! Is it an ideal situation, no, but last time I checked I had not won the lottery!

mhuinker

Reaction score
There are others out here who work FT too, and cannot come home at lunch!!! Is it an ideal situation, no, but last time I checked I had not won the lottery!

No kidding, right?! I wish I could stay home with them all day, but it's not in the cards right now....maybe down the road in a couple of years, but not now. I like. Y lifestyle, therefore I must earn the money to support that lifestyle.

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
I will keep trying, luckily, I'm stubborn. :)

You go girl !!! You will get your Frenchie someday. I've already started planning the party. I'm bringing the vodka!! :cheers:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Wow, terrible!
I personally see nothing wrong with working full time and having pets. We manage very well and when she is in her kennel for 4 hours, out for 20 minutes, and back in for 4 hours our puppy does just fine, and she is only 5 months old. Don't get me wrong she is riled up and ready to go after a long day like that so we have to exercise her vigorously and play with her when we get home, but that is what we enjoy. She goes into her kennel without a fuss every time we leave (probably because we do feedings in the kennels)... Don't feel guilty about leaving them... Alone time is good for dogs so they don't become overly reliant on us every minute of the day.. it will help to leave her frequently for periods of time to prevent separation anxiety...

mhuinker

Reaction score
Wow, terrible!
I personally see nothing wrong with working full time and having pets. We manage very well and when she is in her kennel for 4 hours, out for 20 minutes, and back in for 4 hours our puppy does just fine, and she is only 5 months old. Don't get me wrong she is riled up and ready to go after a long day like that so we have to exercise her vigorously and play with her when we get home, but that is what we enjoy. She goes into her kennel without a fuss every time we leave (probably because we do feedings in the kennels)... Don't feel guilty about leaving them... Alone time is good for dogs so they don't become overly reliant on us every minute of the day.. it will help to leave her frequently for periods of time to prevent separation anxiety...

Yes! I agree with you, but this breeder told me that because I was gone for 10 hours a day (which is complete crap by the way, but that was her deduction), that it would cause issues with the puppies (yes there were 2!) and they would develop separation anxiety??!!! Really!?!?!?!? Like I've never owned a dog before and had no clue what to do with one!! Yeah right! I'm still boiling from her email!! :angry:

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Yes! I agree with you, but this breeder told me that because I was gone for 10 hours a day (which is complete crap by the way, but that was her deduction), that it would cause issues with the puppies (yes there were 2!) and they would develop separation anxiety??!!! Really!?!?!?!? Like I've never owned a dog before and had no clue what to do with one!! Yeah right! I'm still boiling from her email!! :angry:

Ha trust me it will not cause separation anxiety, especially if there are two of them!! They would keep each other company, and also help wear each other out while you were gone...
We have a happy healthy well rounded (physically and mentally ha..) Little Frenchie girl, and she has learned to go into her kennel for alone time while we are away... It is a part of owning a dog, unless you are retired or stay at home for a living... Millions of us do it, don't feel guilty!

Tgirl

Reaction score
Dogs rule. People drool! Not you guys but other people. :) Don't let it get to you. Does she think she is 14?
I don't understand why adults post these things on social networks. Its childish in my opinion.
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Debra

Reaction score
Wow holy crap....well then she was obviously not the one for you. She could have been trouble down the road, well she already was trash talking. A breeder should be very helpful & kind & I do not like FB. Don't give up!!!
Did someone say vodka :):excited:

Cosette Girl

Reaction score
Parents leave children everyday with caretakers.
I see no problem at all with working and having a Frenchie.

The breeder sounds like she doesn't want to give up her puppies.

MamaAndi

Reaction score
I hate that...people that are really nice to your face and then talk nasty behind your back. Never mind her anyway...she missed out on a really great home for those puppies....you have been hanger shopping for your frenchies clothes for gosh sakes!!!

It'll happen. And you let it all out with us until it does....we are always here to listen :)