Smelly Farts - Need to Switch Food

emilykbutler

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I have a 1 year old male Frenchie and oh my god his farts could kill a whole room. I'm thinking about switching up his food and I'm wondering if anyone has some recommendations. Right now I'm feeding him the French Bulldog Royal Canin and he really likes it, but I think it causes some gassy issues. If anyone has any recommendations on supplements that may help or a food brand that's done wonders for their Frenchie let me know, my roommates and I would very much appreciate it!!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
RC is not a good food. Some higher quality kibble is Fromm, Acana, Orijen, Zignature, Earthborn Holistics just to name a few. Also, adding in a probiotic could help as well.

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
Which country do you live in? There's also some other good Canadian brands around if you live in Canada such as Canisource,Amore, Horizon,Boreal, Carna4, Now Fresh.

If you live in USA there's also Honest Kitchen dehydrated raw as well as the other brands mentioned above which are all good quality. Honest Kitchen is very expensive in Canada.

FroxerMom

Reaction score
I agree, if you are able to get him off Royal Canin, it would be a great idea. I feed a commercial raw grind. Mine rarely toots at all and she only poops two times a day in small amounts. The above listed kibbles are much better quality if you are not interested in raw feeding. Good luck!

Stuart

Reaction score
We use Stella and Chewy frozen raw Super Beef and the “OMG” went down drastically.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I have a 1 year old male Frenchie and oh my god his farts could kill a whole room. I'm thinking about switching up his food and I'm wondering if anyone has some recommendations. Right now I'm feeding him the French Bulldog Royal Canin and he really likes it, but I think it causes some gassy issues. If anyone has any recommendations on supplements that may help or a food brand that's done wonders for their Frenchie let me know, my roommates and I would very much appreciate it!!

Agree with the gang.. RC is the issues and you need a better high quality food. Raw is best if you can afford it, if not.. Fromm, Zingnature, Acana, Orijen are some to consider

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk