What kind of bowl does everyone use?

KSweatland

Reaction score
I did my research for several years before bringing a frenchie home. So, I knew gas was a problem. BUT GOOD LORD! I'm quite sure there is no paint left on our walls in our house. The fumes have peeled it all. She's still only 8 months, so we're still doing puppy food, which is not the best. It's Iams smart puppy. But she had stomach issues at first and this food seemed to help, although I'm not sure how. Of course when she is a year, I'll switch her over to Fromm Family Hasen Duckenpefer, which is what my greyhound and boston terrier have done amazingly on.

Anyway, she is also a very fast eater, making her gulp even more air when eating. Right now I have her using a slow feeder, but I'm wondering if there is a better bowl that will both slow her down AND prevent inhaling more air. I've looked but I'm not seeing anything that I think would help.

Any suggestions or does someone know something I don't about this?:pray:

She's killing us! We have gas masks ordered but I'd rather not go down that road.:p

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
You can switch her food now, no need to wait until she is 1 year. You can also add in a probiotic, if you are not already.

I have a raised feeder bowl.

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
I have elevated bowls for Wally. They have helped a lot. He also gets probiotic yogurt.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Ceramic for food and stainless steel for water.

Add a little water or goats milk to the kibble... not a lot, just enough to cause her to lap instead of inhale. My female bulldog was like your girl... the liquid in the kibble helped

mattcantwin

Reaction score
Loki's puppy gas was a million times worse than it is now, hopefully hers will improve with time, too.