Stroke in Frenchie?

LaurenE

Reaction score
Hi! New member here looking for any advice or experience someone might have had will a possible stroke or disc injury in their Frenchie? Our 12 y/o "Marty" woke up Sunday morning, got sick and was falling over... walking like his back legs aren't attached right to his front. Vet said it was neurological and not vestibular (which I hoped after researching that) so off to the neurologist in the morning. He had a previous spinal surgery when he was 3, but no injury that we are aware of and was peppy and running around on Saturday. Any advice or hope appreciated! <3

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jax has IVDD and has had three cervical surgeries. He is still able to walk but a lot of Frenchies do become paralyzed. A neurologist appointment is the right decision and the sooner, the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
That sounds horrible! I haven't had this issue with Wally but I know a few Frenchies who use wheelchairs and still are living full lives. How did the appointment go?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi! New member here looking for any advice or experience someone might have had will a possible stroke or disc injury in their Frenchie? Our 12 y/o "Marty" woke up Sunday morning, got sick and was falling over... walking like his back legs aren't attached right to his front. Vet said it was neurological and not vestibular (which I hoped after researching that) so off to the neurologist in the morning. He had a previous spinal surgery when he was 3, but no injury that we are aware of and was peppy and running around on Saturday. Any advice or hope appreciated! <3

So sorry to hear this..... as others have stated, it may still be IVDD and a wheel chairs could help him continue to live a full life.

FroxerMom

Reaction score
Let us know an update when you can. Sorry to hear this :-/

🆕 Latest posts