Questions? Questions? Questions?

I Love Louie

Reaction score
What are everyone's views on NuVet or any vitamin supplements? Also views on pet Insurance?

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
I use Nuvet, as I also home cook as well as kibble and want to be sure they are getting the best supplement. I would also say pet insurance is worth the cost as well. We had an obstruction several months back and I could have paid for 5 years of pet insurance for the cost of all those bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

mhuinker

Reaction score
I use Nuvet, as I also home cook as well as kibble and want to be sure they are getting the best supplement. I would also say pet insurance is worth the cost as well. We had an obstruction several months back and I could have paid for 5 years of pet insurance for the cost of all those bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Which pet insurance do you recommend, or use?

What kind of supplement do you use (I'm assuming there is more than one type of Nuvet, but I haven't looked) :) What home cooked recipes do you use and how do you use it? This topic was titled, "questions, questions, questions", right? LOL

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
We use Hardypet Complete for ours, but NuVet Plus is also good. I don't have insurance, so no help there.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
I feed my boys NVI Ltd. Ingredient Turkey and supplement with fresh fruit and veggies (banana, berries, apple, broccoli, green beans, spinach, etc.)

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Which pet insurance do you recommend, or use?

What kind of supplement do you use (I'm assuming there is more than one type of Nuvet, but I haven't looked) :) What home cooked recipes do you use and how do you use it? This topic was titled, "questions, questions, questions", right? LOL

Sheesh! :tease:

I don't have pet insurance with 7 bullies.... but I hear good stuff about Trupanion, VPI and Pet Plan.

I will post up my home cooked base recipe, it's rather delicious! (I sneak some for myself too!)

I use NuVet, I will post up all about that too since I opened a recommended products forum and haven't started adding to it yet :D

Cosette Girl

Reaction score
I want to get pet insurance for Cosette as well.

Does anyone have pet insurance?

I Love Louie

Reaction score
I think I'm going to go with VPI it was the cheapest with the same amount if not more coverage than the others!! I am definitely going to start Louie on NuVet too!!! Thanks for everyone's advice!!

Spars

Reaction score
I am looking at Trupanion. They will pay the Vet directly instead of having to pay before reimbursement. Also no limits per claim, per incident, or per year and no lifetime payout limit. Our pet insurance covers all diagnostic tests, surgeries, and medications if your pet becomes sick or injured. This includes hereditary and congenital disorders, and chronic or recurring conditions.

Doesn't cover Routine care, Veterinary exam fees, Pre-existing conditions, Applicable sales tax.

You can also add Additional Care Package that covers :

Acupuncture
Physical therapy
Hydrotherapy
Behavioral modification
Training/therapy
Bone marrow transplants
Chiropractic
Colloidal silver treatments
Gold seed therapy (gamma knife)
Herbal therapy
Homeopathy
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
Kidney transplants
Naturopathy
Naturopathy
Platelet rich plasma injections
Polyethylene glycol (medication)
Shockwave therapy
Stem cell therapy

For my piece of mind I think this is a good thing to have in place. They don't cover the usual wellness exams but, I can deal with cost for routine wellness issues easier than I can come up with 10k or more on the spot.
Just my opinion and who I intend to use.

No I do not work for Trupanion. This is a copy/paste from their website.

Debra

Reaction score
No insurance here. I have heard both good & negative

Debra

Reaction score
No insurance here. I have heard both good & negative

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have VPI and I have been happy so far. They have 3 different plans to choose from as well as wellness coverage. I have the major medical plan and the wellness plan. While I do have to pay the vet up front and then submit a claim, I have always been reimbursed very, very quickly.