The good ol food dilemma...Fromm, Orijen, Acana FDA Probe

d1mitrov

Reaction score
Ok guys its that time again im looking to buy my pup some dry kibble and as it happens everytime i end up spending hours and hours of doing research and i always find something negative that makes me think twice about buying certain food. I used to feed her Fromm but i just came across this link https://www.petful.com/pet-health/grain-free-dog-food-heart-problems/ of a new FDA probe that says that Fromm alongisde Blue Buffalo, Acana, Taste of the wild, Orijen and some other grain free foods might be linked to heart disease. Also i always thought Fromm never had any recalls but turns out they did in fact have a recall back in 2016. At any rate any of you guys have any recommendations of dry kibble that would be good and safe?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Stay with Fromm as there is nothing wrong with it this is all because of people becoming knowledgeable and educating themselves on the good and bad of kibble. If you’re not willing to go raw or dehydrated raw stay with the high quality grain free kibbles such as fFromm, Acana, Orijen earthborn holistic and Zingnature.

There should be a thread here that has a number of articles and links especially to Dr. Karen Becker site where she explains a lot of it. A few other articles I have posted to help people through in their research

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d1mitrov

Reaction score
Stay with Fromm as there is nothing wrong with it this is all because of people becoming knowledgeable and educating themselves on the good and bad of kibble. If you’re not willing to go raw or dehydrated raw stay with the high quality grain free kibbles such as fFromm, Acana, Orijen earthborn holistic and Zingnature.

There should be a thread here that has a number of articles and links especially to Dr. Karen Becker site where she explains a lot of it. A few other articles I have posted to help people through in their research

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you feel about Instinct by Natures Variety?

Baer Rios

Reaction score
The problem I beleive is the kibble formulas that contain high lentil, legumes, seeds, type of protein. Stick with formulas with out them. That what I did when that article came out. Check out farmina. You can find a local dealer or order on chewy now