alternatives to plastic cone after nares surgery

brightonfrenchie

Reaction score
Hi
Our pup is booked in for nares and soft palate surgery in January (I'm dreading it) and I'd like to get him an alternative to the hard plastic cone the vet will put on him because he's going to be traumatised enough. Can anyone please recommend a style that fits well?
IMG_20170416_100430.jpg

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi
Our pup is booked in for nares and soft palate surgery in January (I'm dreading it) and I'd like to get him an alternative to the hard plastic cone the vet will put on him because he's going to be traumatised enough. Can anyone please recommend a style that fits well?
View attachment 13646

There are soft cones... ask for it. We just had eye issue with Cheli and our vet only does the soft , I think called, comfy cone.

fd4993a856b38b2bf1a06ca3bbfa5e7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
You can buy a soft blow up one. I got one at Petsmart a few years ago when Jax had conjunctivitis. He still hated it but it was much more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Definitely get a soft one if you want him to wear one. We have an English bulldog once that needed his nares done and we did not put him in a cone, nor did our vet give us one.

Oskars Keeper

Reaction score
Oskar had his nares and pallet done while getting nurtured plus a liver biopsy when he was 7 months.
I was worried but it went extremely well and his recovery did too.
He didn’t need to wear the cone, I’m guessing initially because he was well medicated.
I wouldn’t fret too much, if a cone is needed then most pet stores carry the inflatable ones.

Your little dude will do great! The hardest part for me was not having him home overnight after the surgery- I missed him too much even though his vet is our neighbor and the staff kept sending text and video updates.