Neutering

pbois

Reaction score
Everyone's thoughts on the best age for this breed to get the procedure done? Thanks

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Well that's always the million dollar question. On Frenchies I would say between 6 to 12 months of age.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Buster is a "halfie", but we tried to wait until he was 9 months old thinking he would beef out a little more. We ended up neutering him between 7 & 8 months because he had definitely become interested in girls and was getting a little aggressive. The snip took care of both!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
My vet said between 5 - 6 months and that is when we had Jax neutered. He bounced back the next day and definitely "calmed down" a bit.

pbois

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone. I know Vets typically recommend 5-6 months, but also know that might not be best depending on the breed so I appreciate those who have chimed in. In our working Labradors we typically wait until at least 2 + years for orthopedic development as the newest research says that is best. Plus I tend to like some of the secondary characteristics that testosterone brings to the table in our Labs. Our Frenchie is 10 months old now and still intact. I was trying to get him to at least 1 year of age, but wanted some opinions from people who have owned the breed a lot longer than I have. Thanks again :)