New Food Suggestions

sgibson0009

Reaction score
Our puppy is just about 4 months old and is currently on Royal Cannin and it is pretty awful. I am wanting to switch foods and leaning towards Formm or Farmina. His gas will run you out of the room and is pooping almost every time he goes outside (which is pretty frequent) Any suggestions/recommendations on food?

Baer Rios

Reaction score
We switch to fromm from royal canine and finallt to farmina as an adult. With the farmina he poops far less. 2 or 3 times instead of 5 or 6. I really like farmina . We've feed the salmon and venison.

FroxerMom

Reaction score
What a cutie :)
If you can get your dog off Royal Canin, I definitely would do it.
If open to trying a commercial raw food, I'd recommend that for many reasons - but one of the best benefits is WAY less poop. My girl poops 2 times per day, and the quantity is less as well. Very little farting going on too. Mine is sensitive to many proteins (especially chicken) so I use duck and pork or beef. If wanting to stick with a kibble, then some brands recommended are FROMM, Acana, Orijen, Zignature, etc...

Good luck!

antbkny

Reaction score
Were currently feeding Steve’s real food (frozen raw) and Henry loves it. Poops great and only once a day.

sgibson0009

Reaction score
Thank you guys! I ordered some Farmina today, and will get the switch in motion this weekend. Hopefully we will see some improvement and if not we might try going raw.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you guys! I ordered some Farmina today, and will get the switch in motion this weekend. Hopefully we will see some improvement and if not we might try going raw.

Farmina is a really good food.... hopefully it works, if not raw really is best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenjiujon

Reaction score
What a cutie :)
If you can get your dog off Royal Canin, I definitely would do it.
If open to trying a commercial raw food, I'd recommend that for many reasons - but one of the best benefits is WAY less poop. My girl poops 2 times per day, and the quantity is less as well. Very little farting going on too. Mine is sensitive to many proteins (especially chicken) so I use duck and pork or beef. If wanting to stick with a kibble, then some brands recommended are FROMM, Acana, Orijen, Zignature, etc...

Good luck!

Thanks for straight to the point suggestions for recommended food brands. It is much appreciated.

We switch to fromm from royal canine and finallt to farmina as an adult. With the farmina he poops far less. 2 or 3 times instead of 5 or 6. I really like farmina . We've feed the salmon and venison.

However it seems that Farmina seems to be everyones favourite.

We'll see if I can get it somewhere, even online in our area and test it.

Thanks again for the thread and all the suggestions.

Much appreciated.