Back end issues

Louie2020

Reaction score
Hi! My 1.5 year old French bulldog Louie has started to act a little off. He hasn’t been wanting to jump up on the couch/bed like he usually will and wants picked up the last week or so. Just last night he was lethargic and seemed bloated almost after playing with my moms pup and coming home. He tenses up and shakes slightly when we touch a certain spot on his back end sides. We have been having him lay and rest for now, the vet can’t get us in until tomorrow but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced these problems??

We try not to let him jump that much anyways from stories of friends and their frenchies who had back and spine issues but easier said than done with this wild child😟😟😟

Any feedback helps calm me until tmo when I take him!!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi! My 1.5 year old French bulldog Louie has started to act a little off. He hasn’t been wanting to jump up on the couch/bed like he usually will and wants picked up the last week or so. Just last night he was lethargic and seemed bloated almost after playing with my moms pup and coming home. He tenses up and shakes slightly when we touch a certain spot on his back end sides. We have been having him lay and rest for now, the vet can’t get us in until tomorrow but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced these problems??

We try not to let him jump that much anyways from stories of friends and their frenchies who had back and spine issues but easier said than done with this wild child

Any feedback helps calm me until tmo when I take him!!

Yes, keep him quite, let him sit with you or you sit on the floor. Create rest is best, but can be very challenging. he probably is beginning to have some muscle or disk issues so a vet check is definitely needed.
My guy does great with laser therapy, movoflex and turmeric paste.
[MENTION=188]Cbrugs[/MENTION] has insight on IVDD and surgeries if you need that info

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jax was diagnosed with IVDD 3 years ago and it came out of nowhere. It started by him trembling which is an indication of pain. For now, do strict crate rest and only out to eat/drink and potty. Crate rest is usually suggested for at least 6-8 weeks. The best way to determine if a disc is herniated will be an MRI. If it is a disc, depending on severity, some people have success with treating with crate rest and meds. If the condition worsens, I suggest seeing a neurologist as they specialize in this sort of thing.