French Bulldog 4 months old has rash like spots under Belly bear private parts

Quinnandremi2020

Reaction score
My French bull dog is a female blue brindle four months old and she has developed a red rash under her belly spots are more like it. We took her to the vet and they prescribed her CEPHALEXYN 1.6 ml twice a day and ANIMAX OINTMENT TWICE DAILY. We have done this for over a month and a half now. Which seems to just keep it from getting worse. It still hasn’t seemed to go away. I will include pictures. When we try to take her back to the vet they say it is not an emergency so they can’t see her. We are trying to get her some relief for this but seems not to be working. We feed her royal canine French bulldog puppy food and pet care chicken and veggies. So if anyone can please help would be great !! Thanks again!

Attachments

• DAC6F25C-2A1C-4F9C-8EB7-E183251CE00F.jpeg
    DAC6F25C-2A1C-4F9C-8EB7-E183251CE00F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 163

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Look like might be bug bites... try wiping her with cool cloth after each outing.

Also, Royal canin is crap food, find a new high quality kibble and avoid chicken as bulldogs tend to have issue with processed chicken.

A few suggestions.. grain free, no particular order, but go with a single protein at first.

Earthborn holistic
Zingnature
Fromm
The Honest Kitchen
Acana
Orijen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quinnandremi2020

Reaction score
Look like might be bug bites... try wiping her with cool cloth after each outing.

Also, Royal canin is crap food, find a new high quality kibble and avoid chicken as bulldogs tend to have issue with processed chicken.

A few suggestions.. grain free, no particular order, but go with a single protein at first.

Earthborn holistic
Zingnature
Fromm
The Honest Kitchen
Acana
Orijen

Thank you for the advice, I will start looking into better food for them. It only seems to be the female that has this because the do. Did mention it may be something she is exposed to but she is always inside so not sure what I could be doing wrong? We do wipe her after every time she uses the restroom.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice, I will start looking into better food for them. It only seems to be the female that has this because the do. Did mention it may be something she is exposed to but she is always inside so not sure what I could be doing wrong? We do wipe her after every time she uses the restroom.

She may just be more sensitive... even a rug or house cleaning agent can cause it

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Might be food allergies. Definitely switch her to a better quality food. Whenever Jax gets little rashes like that, I wipe him down with diluted povidine iodine and then rub in some coconut oil.

Quinnandremi2020

Reaction score
Might be food allergies. Definitely switch her to a better quality food. Whenever Jax gets little rashes like that, I wipe him down with diluted povidine iodine and then rub in some coconut oil.

I will definitely try that- can I purchase that at target?. I have tried the coconut oil as well. I guess I will just stay on top of it and change the food definitely.

Thanks.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I will definitely try that- can I purchase that at target?. I have tried the coconut oil as well. I guess I will just stay on top of it and change the food definitely.

Thanks.

Maybe. I always have gotten it from amazon. You can also try chlorhexidine wipes. I get those on Amazon as well.