Frenchie Poll: How Does Your Frenchie Ride in the Car?

How does your Frenchie ride in the car?

• In a crate

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Doggie Seatbelt/Harness

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Loose/Free Roam

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • In Someone's Lap

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Frenchie Poll: How Does Your Frenchie Ride in the Car?

Open for discussion, please elaborate on your answer :)

frenchiepoll.png

Linwhite

Reaction score
I have a small SUV type of vehicle. They ride unrestrained in the way back area. They are not allowed in the front at all.

mcraven2

Reaction score
Driving to the woods to go for our walk I let them free in the back seat since we are just driving 5 minutes in our town. But any further on the highway I put them in their seatbelt harness

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Having a mini-van... he gets to sit in the back seat or likes to sit on the floor staring at Mommy... sort of begging to be up front with us :nono:

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
We have a crate because usually all the seats are taken with 4 kids. Otherwise we use a seatbelt because you never know how someone else is driving, plus there are time I get distracted by what they are doing or the kids, so I know this way I can concentrate on the road!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

MamaAndi

Reaction score
Stella rides in the back seat but loose. She likes to look for stuff under the seats. Lol I don't let her up front because she would try to help me drive.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
We put ours in a harness and hooked in to the car tie downs in the back, or in a crate in the back. Never in the front.

Calle Roo

Reaction score
Quella sits in a booster seat in the front passenger seat next to me. The a/c in the rear of my Expedition isn't anywhere near worthy in Arizona, so until it cools down again, I plan on keeping her up front and directly in front of the a/c vents (which tickles her ears). I do plan on crating her in the rear cargo space on long distances. She'd be too much of a distraction and her job on those trips will be to get some sleep and give mommy some peace and quiet.

She hasn't been in the Jeep just yet, due to the temperatures, but I'm assuming I'll allow her in her booster seat or harnessed to the front passenger seatbelt.

Last edited:

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
We tried the booster seat and Jake was very nervous in it being raised and all. He used to get car sick just about every time he rode in the car and we found he does best with a little fresh air on his face. So he is free on the back seat of our suv and pops his head in and out of the window (windows have kid locks so its impossible for him to roll window all the way down)photo (2).jpg

kim

Reaction score
Piper has a harness with a seatbelt attachment.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
We tried the booster seat and Jake was very nervous in it being raised and all. He used to get car sick just about every time he rode in the car and we found he does best with a little fresh air on his face. So he is free on the back seat of our suv and pops his head in and out of the window (windows have kid locks so its impossible for him to roll window all the way down)View attachment 3430

I saw this picture out of the corner of my eye and thought hey, that's Jax! Jax gets car sick just about every time he is in the car as well. Now he will start trembling just knowing he is about to get in the car. If he has his head out the window like Jake, his trembling and drooling eventually stop. He still throws up occasionally though.

mhuinker

Reaction score
Leo and Molly each have a booster car seat and are buckled in the back.

ymenejes.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lkclark

Reaction score
Bear is loving his booster seat.
I thought that it was rather overpriced for what is really is (a giant foam block covered in an elastic fabric) but he really does enjoy being able to look outside.

Fitz

Reaction score
Yes - we do the same. Always in a harness for my pup - you never know how someone else is driving or what might happen. I don't let my kids ride w/o a seat belt so I don't let Fitz ride w/o being strapped in either. I have been in car accidents in the past so I am extra careful! :pray:

We have a crate because usually all the seats are taken with 4 kids. Otherwise we use a seatbelt because you never know how someone else is driving, plus there are time I get distracted by what they are doing or the kids, so I know this way I can concentrate on the road!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

winginit66

Reaction score
First of all, let me post my disclaimer - I use this set up when I am going about 2 miles to Starbucks, where we go through the drive-thru and say hi to the baristas.

This is my set up. I drive an F-150 pickup. I can't figure out how to put seats in the back as I can't get behind the bench seat back. I couldn't find a double seat that I thought I would like on the internet anywhere either. So, I made one. I am considering finding some foam to use instead of the 2 pillows because they aren't quite firm enough. I used a standard hard plastic laundry basket, 2 pillows, 2 luggage straps and a fleece throw. The throw is wrapped around the pillows. I needed 2 luggage straps to make it work. I put them through the hand holds and around the front of the basket, then around the back of the seat. The puppies wear their harnesses, and they are each on a leash which is tied to the headrest uprights. The weight is not enough to turn the air bag on.

DSC_1222.jpg

DSC_1225.jpg

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
I put Ollie's harness on him and then I have an attachment that hook's the harness to the seat belt. I use that for Ollie I'm now considering getting a booster seat box for both of them.... Do they make double ones?

lkclark

Reaction score
Bear rides in his medium booster seat. It's awesome. He can look out the window without scratching everything!

mojofrench

Reaction score
I let my frenchie seat in the back, he is very good and looks out the window, however when we get to the park he does get excited and try,s to get in the front .

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

eeturk

Reaction score
Hudson sits in the back, there's a seat protector thing that eliminates the crack between the front and back seats which he really likes. I think it makes him feel more secure. He has a car seat back there and a bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk