“Reputable Breeder” [emoji849]

Carson1834

Reaction score
Check out this woman who made a YouTube video giving instructions on how to find a reputable breeder. She herself breeds non standard frenchies. Love that people in the comments were calling her out on it.

So ridiculous people like her, who are the worst breeders, are attempting to educate the public on what a reputable breeder is.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yHdl4Mj0Yk0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
No reputable breeder would breed non standard dogs.

Jeffc

Reaction score
When I purchased my first Frenchie I wasn’t aware of blue being a unrecognized color by the AKC. How do find reputable breeders that aren’t breeding for colors. What should a person pay for the traditional colored Frenchie?

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
When I purchased my first Frenchie I wasn’t aware of blue being a unrecognized color by the AKC. How do find reputable breeders that aren’t breeding for colors. What should a person pay for the traditional colored Frenchie?

The best way to find a reputable breeder would be to go to local dog shows and find your local French Bulldog Club and go to a meeting where you can meet breeders. Price might depend on area but I would guess $2,000-$3,500.

Jeffc

Reaction score
The best way to find a reputable breeder would be to go to local dog shows and find your local French Bulldog Club and go to a meeting where you can meet breeders. Price might depend on area but I would guess $2,000-$3,500.

Thanks for the advice, both of my babies have been relatively healthy at this point other than my male breaking his leg which cost me around $2,000 to have surgery and my female has minor allergies. They mean everything to my wife and I. We’re going to love them forever regardless and provide them with the best life possible.

Jeffc

Reaction score
Best place to find reputable breeders is on the French Bulldog Club of America website. French Bull Dog Club of America and go to the breeders list.

I pulled up that link out of curiosity, and still didn’t see any information to reputable breeders. I’m sure I’m just missing something forgive my ignorance.

Carson1834

Reaction score

I found my breeder from the French bulldog club of America’s web site. I paid $4,000 (worth every penny).

I was also speaking to 3 other reputable breeders (also in the club). Two in Michigan were charging $3,000 and $4,000 respectively.

The last breeder actually sold Martha Stewart her 2 Frenchies, and his pups go for $6,000+. I passed on him. I didn’t need a Martha Stewart level frenchie [emoji1787]. Though I think he mentioned his dog won best of breed at Westminster this year.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I found my breeder from the French bulldog club of America’s web site. I paid $4,000 (worth every penny).

I was also speaking to 3 other reputable breeders (also in the club). Two in Michigan were charging $3,000 and $4,000 respectively.

The last breeder actually sold Martha Stewart her 2 Frenchies, and his pups go for $6,000+. I passed on him. I didn’t need a Martha Stewart level frenchie [emoji1787]. Though I think he mentioned his dog won best of breed at Westminster this year.

I paid $2,000 for Jax but that was 7 years ago. My English Bulldog was $2,500 3 years ago but I know breeders that are now charging $3,500.

I think the popularity of bulldogs has increased the price.

I would never pay $6,000 for a dog though.

Jeffc

Reaction score
I paid $2,000 for Jax but that was 7 years ago. My English Bulldog was $2,500 3 years ago but I know breeders that are now charging $3,500.

I think the popularity of bulldogs has increased the price.

I would never pay $6,000 for a dog though.

I paid $3,000 for my male and $2,500 for my female and I felt like a crazy person in doing so.$6,000 is completely nuts in my opinion.

wittleonee

Reaction score
$5000 for our lil guy. Worth every penny even if he isn’t “breed standard color” no regrets :)9F380AE6-97AF-4B2F-B804-CB64C8408DC7.jpeg