HELP PLEASE. Skin Fold issue

HarleysMummy

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
My 20 month old started getting a sore in the skin fold that is closest to the eye. I realised his tear ducts on that side are a little gooey.. He seems to be leaking form the eye quite a bit. I contacted the vets who told me to stop the sore i could use Sudocream. I did so but found this was making it very wet - also was told to keep the area dry!! so i called the vets once again and they said to try him on Piriton. He has been taking one tablet a day for three days but his face doesnt seem to be getting any better. Its sore all the way down, very inflamed and looks a little cut.
I dont know what to do. Im trying to keep it as dry as possible but also dont want him to be in pain and it crack.

what do i do? anyone else had the same kind of issue? heartbreaking

lisamarie

Reaction score
We’ve used a warm Chlorhexidine solution applied with a tissue, wiped dry with a tissue & then applied Tritop topical ointment on skin irritation in the folds & surrounding area. Doesn’t solve the eye leaking which could be allergies but it definitely helps with skin irritations. We treat this way am & pm and notice improvement to the skin within a couple days[emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Eye tearing could be due to allergies... do you give any type of over the counter pill? We use have tablet os Zyrtec once a day... it lessens the tearing but does not stop it. I wipe folds twice a day with witch hazel on a cotton pad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk