Nasal congestion / Snoring sounds

Pippaloopa

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a question if any of you have any clues/remedies to help with our frenchie's situation

She will be 2 years old in July, she doesn't usually have trouble breathing (she had the nostril surgery when she was younger) unless she plays and exhaust herself

Since yesterday though she has some trouble breathing, she "Snores" when she is awake and even when she is calm. I have seen some small discharge from her nose so it might be a cold or sinus infections but I cannot confirm. What troubles me is the breathing, as I can see she is breathing a bit from the lower abdomen so she has some troubles. She has no labored breathing and no panting though so hopefully this is a good sign?

She doesn't feel like eating her usual food and barely drinks. I was able to cook a chicken meal for her though and she ate it all thankfully.

I called the only vet clinic available to me and they are overloaded and they can only take us on wednesday morning. I wasn't even able to talk to a tech as they were almost closing and no one was available

My question is have you had some experience like this with a cold/sinus infection? Does it look worse than it is? Is there something I can do to help her? Should I be worried that this is a medical emergency?

Sorry for the long text, I worry easily when it comes to my frenchy :eek:

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a question if any of you have any clues/remedies to help with our frenchie's situation

She will be 2 years old in July, she doesn't usually have trouble breathing (she had the nostril surgery when she was younger) unless she plays and exhaust herself

Since yesterday though she has some trouble breathing, she "Snores" when she is awake and even when she is calm. I have seen some small discharge from her nose so it might be a cold or sinus infections but I cannot confirm. What troubles me is the breathing, as I can see she is breathing a bit from the lower abdomen so she has some troubles. She has no labored breathing and no panting though so hopefully this is a good sign?

She doesn't feel like eating her usual food and barely drinks. I was able to cook a chicken meal for her though and she ate it all thankfully.

I called the only vet clinic available to me and they are overloaded and they can only take us on wednesday morning. I wasn't even able to talk to a tech as they were almost closing and no one was available

My question is have you had some experience like this with a cold/sinus infection? Does it look worse than it is? Is there something I can do to help her? Should I be worried that this is a medical emergency?

Sorry for the long text, I worry easily when it comes to my frenchy :eek:

Is there any color to the nasal discharge? It could be allergies... have you tried any allergy meds, Zyrtec, Claritin?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
As [MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION] said, try the allergies meds, even Benedryl to see if that helps.