Dog food opinions

wittleonee

Reaction score
I currently have a 6 month French bulldog who just recently developed red paws, seem itchy when cleaned in the bath. I know most dogs/puppies can develop food allergies at a young age. He’s currently on French bulldog Royal canin. This is my first time having a frenchie however I have worked in the vet field for 7+ years. I guess I am just wondering what foods have worked best for French bulldogs and their common maintenance issues and also additional issues they may have. He is a lilac and no ear issues, just feet. Any input would be great. I will be buying new food tomorrow after I get some input. I’ve read good things regarding Acana, Orijen, Fromm, etc. He does have a big brother on Taste of the Wild but it seems too rich for him, and caused him to drink a lot of water but his big brother is a
Cane Corso mastiff mix and does great on it!!! Once again any input would be great!!!!

2BAD851F-E80E-4C5E-A136-2AD66FB0FC91.jpeg

Attachments

• 69F0F8D7-C9AA-4B9E-913E-D09002D7FD80.jpeg
    69F0F8D7-C9AA-4B9E-913E-D09002D7FD80.jpeg
    711.2 KB · Views: 180

Jeffc

Reaction score
He’s beautiful. I’m feed my male Fromm based off advice from the wonderful people on this site. There’s many helpful people here who can offer you good advice. Enjoy the sweet pup Frenchies are the best be careful or you will end up with another one.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I would definitely switch him off the RC. What works for one may not work for another but some high quality kibbles are Acana, Orijen, Fromm, Zignature, Farmina, Earthborn Holistics and Open Farm just to name a few. There’s also frozen raw or dehydrated raw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wittleonee

Reaction score
He’s beautiful. I’m feed my male Fromm based off advice from the wonderful people on this site. There’s many helpful people here who can offer you good advice. Enjoy the sweet pup Frenchies are the best be careful or you will end up with another one.

THANK YOU!!!! Yes he’s so awesome! Thank you, do you mind me asking which Fromm I should look for? Puppy kind, normal kind??

- - - Updated - - -

I would definitely switch him off the RC. What works for one may not work for another but some high quality kibbles are Acana, Orijen, Fromm, Zignature, Farmina, Earthborn Holistics and Open Farm just to name a few. There’s also frozen raw or dehydrated raw.

THANK YOUUU. So far I’ve narrowed it down to Acana and Fromm. Should I look for a specific flavor or kind?

Jeffc

Reaction score
THANK YOU!!!! Yes he’s so awesome! Thank you, do you mind me asking which Fromm I should look for? Puppy kind, normal kind??

- - - Updated - - -

THANK YOUUU. So far I’ve narrowed it down to Acana and Fromm. Should I look for a specific flavor or kind?
I will check with the boss the (wife) when I get home from work and get back to you on what flavor our boy is eating.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

I would do a single protein flavor and then switch to a different protein after a month or so to make sure there are no issues. You can do the All Life Stages formulas. Some people stay away from chicken and beef but I always try them out.

Gka

Reaction score
I currently have a 6 month French bulldog who just recently developed red paws, seem itchy when cleaned in the bath. I know most dogs/puppies can develop food allergies at a young age. He’s currently on French bulldog Royal canin. This is my first time having a frenchie however I have worked in the vet field for 7+ years. I guess I am just wondering what foods have worked best for French bulldogs and their common maintenance issues and also additional issues they may have. He is a lilac and no ear issues, just feet. Any input would be great. I will be buying new food tomorrow after I get some input. I’ve read good things regarding Acana, Orijen, Fromm, etc. He does have a big brother on Taste of the Wild but it seems too rich for him, and caused him to drink a lot of water but his big brother is a
Cane Corso mastiff mix and does great on it!!! Once again any input would be great!!!!

View attachment 14007

Yuki will be 6 years old in September. I have tried him on several different brands of kibble but the one he does really well on is Fromm Pork and Applesauce or Pork and Peas. The Pork and Peas kibble is a smaller size kibble which worked for Yuki when he was younger. His allergies are more manageable since he's been on Fromm.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Great suggestions from the gang.... your baby is adorable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FroxerMom

Reaction score
I would stay away from chicken formulas if you are suspecting food related allergies or sensitivities. I learned quickly when joining this site, that Bulldogs can be sensitive to chicken. Mine does well on duck.

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
Those ears!!

I use Acana fish formula and my dogs do very well on it but they don't have food allergies except chicken.

Billie

Reaction score
I feed my 12 week old Be Natural Instinct salmon flavor. She is doing great. No signs of allergies and little to no gas. I put a tiny bit of coconut oil on it in the morning along with a probiotic, and a teaspoon of cottage cheese on it at dinner. Lunch is just the kibble.