jenkins.jpg

Sex: Male
Weight: 17 lbs.
Kids: Quiet, older, dog-savvy
Cats: Yes
Dogs: Yes
Fenced Yard: Preferred
Adoption Fee: $250

Handsome Jenkins is a retired breeder who is ready to spend his golden years as a beloved pet. This pied darling has come a long way since his surrender to FBRN. When he first arrived, Jenkins would flatten himself in a Frenchie pancake (er, crepe?) when approached by his foster mom. He wasn’t sure what stairs were all about, and he had to be carried up and down those strange constructs.

Now, Jenkins happily trots down the stairs for his morning constitutional, and he is starting to learn that stuffies and chew toys are a lot of fun! Best of all, Jenkins has learned to trust his foster family, and has proven himself to be quite the love muffin. He takes cues from his foster siblings (of both the canine and feline variety) and craves attention from his humans.

Although Jenkins has started to come out of his shell and let his sweet personality shine through, he is still a work in progress. It may take him a little time to trust his new family, and his forever home must be committed to helping him overcome his fears and gain confidence with strangers. Jenkins promises to pay you back tenfold with love, loyalty, and constant companionship.

Jenkins says, “At my age, I deserve a little peace and quiet!” This dapper boy would do best in a mellow household with a patient, loving family. Young children are a bit too boisterous for his liking, and a busy office is not his cup of tea. Jenkins would much prefer that you stay at home; however, if that’s not possible, he will happily catch up on his beauty sleep while you earn a paycheck, so long as he gets a lunchtime potty break.

Health-wise, Jenkins is doing pretty well! He could still stand to gain a few more ounces, and he needs daily drops for dryness in his left eye. Jenkins’s head is tilted permanently to the side—why, we’re not sure—but we do know that it makes him just that much more endearing.

Jenkins is a low-energy boy who enjoys snoozing in the sun and sitting in the yard, surveying his domain. He is very fond of his foster siblings, and would be pleased as punch to share his home with another dog (or two or three). Most of all, Jenkins wants attention from his people. Although he is still learning what it means to be a member of the family, with some gentle patience and guidance, he will continue to blossom into a loving and loyal companion.

Wanna adopt?

Please visit the French Bulldog Rescue Network's website and fill out an application. Click the Frenchie you are wanting to adopt, and you will find an "Apply For Me" button on their information. Please be sure to read their adoption process. Here is the link:

http://www.frenchbulldogrescue.org/adoption-info/available-dogs2/

To view more Frenchies from FBRN, follow this link:

http://frenchbulldognews.com/forumdisplay.php/38-USA-French-Bulldog-Rescue-Network

Please let them know you found them on French Bulldog News! :)