Hi Everyone!!

Suec

Reaction score
I'm the very proud owner of a 16 week old Frenchie called Ivy.

We've had her for 8 weeks now and she's such a character, but so stubborn! I'm trying hard to train her but if she doesn't want to do something, ie leave the park after a walk, she puts the breaks on and will NOT walk home. She literally lays down and won't move. I don't want to pull her but I don't want to pick her up either. I've tried making it into a game of chase and running around with her favourite squeaky toy, no joy. I've tried leaving through different exits, she does the same thing. I've tried luring her with food but she got wise to that really quickly. I've tried distracting her in as many ways that I can think of but nothing seems to work.

What am I doing wrong?? Any advice would be gratefully received!

Suec

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome.... you have a typical stubborn Frenchie. Keep walking donโ€™t let her stop. And use Nothing in life is free training technique... it is super easy and will teach you are boss

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Congrats on the new pup and welcome to the stubborn breed. LOL As @2bullmama has said, try "nothing in life is free" training. I would also be very careful at dog parks, some people will bring aggressive dogs there and you don't want your pup to get injured or killed. We never take ours to dog parks. We will take them on walks in the neighborhood and that's it. Try to find others in your area that have Frenchies and maybe plan a get together for a play day. Sometimes you just have to pick them up and carry them for a short time to get them to go with you. As she gets older, she should get better at this. Right now her attention span is very short, like a small child.

mattcantwin

Reaction score
Each dog is different, but I stopped taking Loki to the dog park after several visits; he never seemed "at-ease" there.

Meanwhile he was a stubborn pup; so much better now.

Nothing beats time, patience, perseverance...

and the occasional potato chip.