Eating weeds and grass

jschmidt78

Reaction score
Jack tends to be really sneaky when he goes out to potty and tries to eat one specific weed. It’s Florida Pulsey. I can’t find a lot on it. It’s says that it’s not toxic to humans which doesn’t mean anything. If we look away for a moment he goes crazy trying to eat it. Then he gets really slobbery and kinda foams at the mouth a bit. He hasn’t thrown up but it’s definitely a concern.
a76b299f241d3cc28e5eaf2dfed797d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Best to do what Foxermom started.... as I could not find any specific info either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
That's crazy, i can find much info on it either, it is also called Florida Snow or Mexican Clover. Here is a list of poisonous and non-poisonous plants from the ASPCA. It is not on the list. I would try to kill the weed and rid your lawn of it as it will take over your yard. Plus since we don't know for sure, I would keep him out of it. https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control/dogs-plant-list

jschmidt78

Reaction score
Thank you for all the help. The difficulty in removing is that it basically is my entire backyard. I live on the beach just north of Daytona and it’s the only thing that grows here for the most part. I just have to watch him. The few times that he has gotten in to it, his mouth gets all slobbery and foamy. Then he does this little thing with his jaw like he’s muttering something. Hasn’t gotten sick but I don’t want to chance it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk