Help need advise

bossydrea

Reaction score
Hello so I'm in need of some advice please. I'm so lost and don't know what to do. My husband and myself purchased our first pet a French Bulldog back in July 2020 for our daughter (only child) we answered a ad on a Facebook French Bulldog group. when we went to pick up the dog we were then told that the AKC papers that he had advertised had not come in yet due to covid but as soon as he got them he would let us know (puppy born in May). After talking to our vet she recommend that we get a DNA test done on her because she felt that the dog was not a purebred but that it was crossed with a Boston Terrier. So we had a Wisdom Panel done and sure enough it turns out the dog is 50% French Bulldog 50% Boston Terrier. She definitely has the traits of a Terrier for sure she is a hyper little thing. Now here is my problem my 5yr old is so attached to this puppy already and I hate to rip it away from her. Do you think that is crazy for us to ask for half of our money back sense we got half of a French bulldog and still no papers? that's what we want at this point (really want all of our money but cant break her little heart) he did say he would give us our money back if we returned the dog, of course he will just resell her as a French Bulldog I'm sure (Even though she looks like a Boston Terrier has a small head). please give me some advise on what you would do. I'm so lost and just wish this never happened =(

Jeffc

Reaction score
In my opinion you need to keep the dog and provide it the best life possible. Like you said youโ€™re daughter is already attached and it isnโ€™t the dogs fault that the breeder is a liar. Can you spread the word via Facebook so others donโ€™t fall for this guys scam in the future?

mattcantwin

Reaction score
If the dog is healthy; I think you should do what's best for your daughter - keep and love the dog.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Unfortunately there are a lot of unethical breeders out there. The best way to find a reputable breeder is go the the French Bulldog Club of America's web site and look up breeders there. Now the hard part. I would keep the pup as you and your daughter have grown attached to it and it to you. Give it a good home as it may not get so lucky the next time. You will probably have to sue them, but you risk the possibility of the judge making you return the dog for money. Sadly this happens way to often. Too many unethical breeders out there especially the ones breeding for "color".

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
A Frenchton is a good dog, it is a mixed breed and you could ask the breeder to return some funds, but if your daughter is attached and happy... let them enjoy each other.

bigislandgrrl

Reaction score
Id keep the dog AND demand the money back - completely deceptive! Id be leery of purchasing a frenchie advertised anywhere. I had to wait on a list for mine for almost 2 years. Reputable breeders do not need to advertise, they have people waiting.