Ollie or Farmers dog food

Jeffc

Reaction score
We recently switched both our pups to Farmers dog food and it upset our males tummy however the female did fine with it. We slowly transitioned away from kibble and Pet co fresh pet as recommended. We then tried Ollie and again the female is doing great with it but, the male is still having loose stools and not sleeping well at night. Any advice or have any of you tried either of these brands we are taking him to the vet tomorrow?

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Never tried either. 2 of my dogs get raw and the third gets Open Farm kibble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeffc

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Thankfully he seems to be feeling better today.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
It could just be an adjustment period.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Try giving a Pepcid with the meal... sometimes this happens to Cheli and the Pepcid helps. We do feed raw, but not these brands. We feed a local small company

Jeffc

Reaction score
Do you guys have any opinions on either of these brands of food? We are trying to and want to feed our dogs the best most nutritional meals we can.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you guys have any opinions on either of these brands of food? We are trying to and want to feed our dogs the best most nutritional meals we can.

I have heard good reviews for both, but no personal experience. What protein are you feeding? It could be that does agree with him... if duck or turkey is an option try those and see if there is a change for your boy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeffc

Reaction score
Thanks again for the replies. He has eaten beef, turkey and lamb so far.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks again for the replies. He has eaten beef, turkey and lamb so far.

Lamb can be a hot meat ...meaning it has high allergy reaction. How did he do on the turkey?

FroxerMom

Reaction score
Mine has to eat cold proteins (or neutrals). If he was having loose stools, you could be feeding him too much. I don't measure and eyeball it when doling out a protein, and sometimes I end up giving too much and her poop will be a bit looser that day. 90 % of the time she has firm, dependable poops. I have heard of both foods you listed but have no experience with them.

๐Ÿ†• Latest posts