Hardest part about taking care of frenchie health

bronson123

Reaction score
I am not currently a frenchie owner, but have lived with one before and really enjoyed the experience. Through that experience, I saw the owners take really good and detailed care of their dog as he had a variety of breed related health concerns.

I was wondering, are there certain common aspects of taking care of a frenchies health which are harder to deal with than others? What parts of your frenchies health are the most worrisome?

Thank you.

FroxerMom

Reaction score
Hello-
The hardest part for me personally, is managing her allergies and sensitivities. Everything seems to irritate her from chicken to cotton, grass, fleas, and beyond. Food trials and trying to find either OTC allergy meds or utilize Cytopoint or Apoquel. It has been an ongoing nightmare process for her/me, but I do know that there are people who have French Bulldogs who do NOT have these issues to contend with.

CutieFrenchie

Reaction score
Our has the morning itch, where she'll lick her paws and roll on her back and wiggle. Typically doesn't do it during the day or at night. So we just chalk it up as a morning routine for her.

Anyways our main concern is preventing overheating. Charlie does seem to breathe better than your average Frenchie. Not overweight either but we go outdoors quite a bit. When it hits 75+, we keep minimal activities outside with her. But this dummy likes to lay out in the sun,even if there's a nice shady umbrella next to her.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
IVDD is the worst and can be common in the breed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Cheli has been very healthy for his breed, but has always had concerns with his spine. At age of 10, he still thinks he is a puppy but has limited amount of walking he can do due to the spine.